Using the 6P charger on the Pixel

myeatts7

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered a Pixel XL and Im going to give it a try coming from the 6P. I was wondering if the charger from the 6P would be able to fast charge the Pixel. I will use the charger that comes with the Pixel for my main charger but want to keep the 6P charger for a backup at work or on the road.

I asked in the google forums and got somewhat conflicting answers.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/amkWxPe-x8E/w3GtvPSoAgAJ

Anybody have any thoughts?

Last edited:
May 3, 2015
Visit site
So I ordered a Pixel XL and Im going to give it a try coming from the 6P. I was wondering if the charger from the 6P would be able to fast charge the Pixel. I will use the charger that comes with the Pixel for my main charger but want to keep the 6P for a backup at work or on the road.

I asked in the google forums and got somewhat conflicting answers.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/amkWxPe-x8E/w3GtvPSoAgAJ

Anybody have any thoughts?

Should be the same. I have the dual charger and use it for my 6p and pixel c.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that I have used quickcharge 2.0 & 3.0 chargers with my Nexus 6p with good results. Maybe they charged a little slower the the OEM charger, but if so, it wasn't a big deal and the phone never gets hot. That being said, after reading what the guy wrote on the link you provided, I will not use the Nexus 6p charger on my pixel, I will however continue to use the QC chargers. I would pay attention the "deals of the day" that they put on this site. You can get QC chargers and cables for pocket change on Amazon. All my chargers a standard USB output. I have one at my office, two at my house, two in the RV and one in my luggage at all times.

myeatts7

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I do have a TechMate USB-C cable that I plug into an old samsung charging block that I use at work with no issue, just regular speed charging. Just thought it would be nice to use the old 6P block at work for fast charging. Ill keep my eye open for the deals.

gianbardales1

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I used the Nexus 6p short cable to charge my pixel on a portable charger . Worked, but when I got home earlier today I tried to charge my pixel with the charger it came with and it doesn't charge . I don't know if the charger or the phone is damaged

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781