Is Google Pixel better than other top phones like htc 10,S7,Iphone 7 plus etc.

satander_L

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
If yes then how . If no then why???
Even in storage . And most android phones suck after 1 years . Getting slow and hanged . While Apple maintains its speed and stability . No matter what happens . Is it better ram management or better hardware...😊?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Too early to know exactly how the Pixel stacks up against other flagships.

The only Android flagship I've had that slowed down was the Galaxy S2 skyrocket. That phone was released ~ 5 years ago. Since then none of my Android phones (G2, G4, idol 3, Nexus 6) have had performance issues. Still have my nearly 3 year old G2 and it still runs like new.

William Ma

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
We probably would not know the Pixel's performance until around December. The phone is being released around late October so people would only start getting them around November. Once December comes around we will truly know.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My s3 and m8 had slowdown....but never had a nexus device....with the note 7 fiasco I am considering a pixel xl.

bobpatseels

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
It will probably be better than the HTC 10, as it is made by HTC, has better specs, and has google's software. iphone will be a hard comparison, as there are a lot of factors there. Which software do you prefer? Are there any exclusive apps you want? Do you want it to be waterproof? Do you need a head phone jack while you are charging? The S7 will probably be a bit slower, but it is already a fast phone. It is water proof, will most likely have a better camera, and has expandable storage.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It will probably be better than the HTC 10, as it is made by HTC, has better specs, and has google's software. iphone will be a hard comparison, as there are a lot of factors there. Which software do you prefer? Are there any exclusive apps you want? Do you want it to be waterproof? Do you need a head phone jack while you are charging? The S7 will probably be a bit slower, but it is already a fast phone. It is water proof, will most likely have a better camera, and has expandable storage.

Judging alone by specs, the Pixel is not better than any of the current flagships. The HTC 10 has higher resolution display and better audio for example. The iPhone 7 has waterproof, as the Samsung S7. The Pixel is just using the latest Snapdragon processor, something that the current flagships could not have, since the came out months ago.
The Pixel has premium specs, but so do all current flagships. We should wait and see how it really works in real life.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The HTC 10 is a fantastic phone but hasn't gotten the love it deserves, or the advertising budget of Samsung. Is it better than the Pixel?( small form factor) Hard to say, but it has better features, like QHD and super DAC's. But to get those features it has to be slightly bigger and thicker and heavier. I can't choose, so I am getting a Pixel to go with m HTC 10!!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, it really is to early to compare since none of us have our pixels yet. I'm a 24 year customer of verizon and looking to change (I'm tired of being lied to by big red) . So I bought a nexus 5x on project fi to try. I'm doing a side by side comparison of the nexus 5x against my galaxy S7 EDGE on Verizon. To be honest, I've found no difference in coverage. As far as speed goes the S7 is a bit faster as it should be. But the 5x is a very impressive device. So the Pixel should out perform both phones.

Momi7

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion in camera and performance department iPhone 7 is better. Although htc 10 is a great phone but not as good as Pixel. And in software and application department Pixel is better obviously. If someone asked me to choose between these phones I'd definitely go for the Pixel.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
If yes then how . If no then why???
Even in storage . And most android phones suck after 1 years . Getting slow and hanged . While Apple maintains its speed and stability . No matter what happens . Is it better ram management or better hardware...😊?

Let's us compete with other OEM,

The Pros first:-

1) Faster update than any other OEM

2) Lighter and bloatwareless than other OEM(Depend the acceptance of eco system of other OEM)

3) Slightly better spec than other high-end Android phones:- Snapdragon 821 vs 820

4) In house hardware and software, thus making them upper hand on handling, managing and optimized the overall experience of the phone

5) Speed is not a issue of Pure Android

Now the cons:-

1) There is better water resistant and dust resistance phone out there that is same or lower price than Pixel

2) Some may think Google version of Android are too plain or less customization than other UI

3) Price maybe a little bit heavy for some people, especially there is some high end Android phone which is price lesser than the Pixel

4) Availability for purchase the device would be a problem too

In term of the device itself, I can't really find any cons compare to any other Android or iPhones, I believe you may just proceed to buy it.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one on the fourth, and after a few days of reflection, canceled. Why?

I see this as one of Google's first efforts. Their track record (by Google's very nature) with first efforts is that they are unfinished, sometimes exasperatingly so.

While I'd like a smaller Google phone than my 6P, I have no issues with it and believe it will remain that way for another year. The Pixel is an unknown, and I will wait to see what others think of the experience before diving in.

Cooler299

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Comparison is a little too early though I doubt the Pixel will have any performance issues. With the kind of Hardware that is packed in the flagship devices these days it hard to have any performance issues. I'm sure the pixel will perform better.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
To be clear, I'm not concerned with performance, but more the initial state of the software and design decisions made.

I kind of see the Pixel as a beta... a first effort that more likely than not will have some things done "not quite right".

If I'm wrong I'll reorder; otherwise I'll just wait.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my work iPhone 6 to iOS 10. And now I have to understand and get used to the new lock screen. They apparently now have lock screen widgets available.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well the Note 7 briefly was the best thing since sliced bread, so I'll reserve judgment so I don't get burned.

Celso Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
It's pretty on par with current flagships.

It doesn't have water-proofing or wireless charging, but the Google Photos Storage and quick updates make up for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15