Pixel XL restock?

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hope you're right! I did go ahead and pre-order from my (not really) Verizon store, in addition to joining the waiting list at the Google store. "Supposedly" Verizon will have one for me around 10/28; but if what I'm reading is right, 11/11 might be more like it...

If the Google store emails me first, I'll just cancel the Verizon order and get it from there... Either way, it looks like I'm not moving to the front of any lines... :-( seems you're right.

Bummer. And there are some reports out there saying Verizon is sold out of the 128 GB Pixels atm, so they won't be available in their corporate stores. I'm not sure if those reports, if true, may include authorized retailer stores, too.

I'm sure there will be some folks who pre-ordered and will decide to cancel. But which stores that'll happen with, you might have better luck playing Russian roulette for a couple rounds.

Either way, delayed gratification is a good skill to have. lol. Hope you do get one sooner than later!

Allen Markham

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Google seems to have some available through Project FI - limited colors within sizes and Gb sizes. As I understand it you can use a 'regular' SIM card if you're not satisfied with Project FI

booster_gold

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think for both Google and Verizon 128 GB XL PIXELS won't be revived until folks are slicing turkey and passing out into pumpkin pies...supply and demand...such a cruel cruel thing...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I checked Google Store at 1:10 AM before I went to bed last night, got up at 3:15 AM to take a leak and looked, again at 5:00 AM and at 6:45 AM - same story! Pixel XL "Out of Stock" - I'm too old for this stuff, I'll wait for Google to email me!

View attachment 242640
Laugh.jpg

Got One!
128 GB Quite Black Pixel XL arriving 11/23 - 11/25... patience did pay off I guess! I should have listened to you guys and gals!

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 243219

Got One!
128 GB Quite Black Pixel XL arriving 11/23 - 11/25... patience did pay off I guess! I should have listened to you guys and gals!

Totally worth checking periodically. I canceled my Google Store silver XL 128gb order from Oct 14 with a Nov 23 to 25 ship date. Decided I preferred black and was able to order the black XL 128gb yesterday afternoon and got the same Nov 23 to 25 ship date as my Oct 14 order date. Gonna lose my free daydream since I canceled the preorder silver, but that's ok.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Totally worth checking periodically. I canceled my Google Store silver XL 128gb order from Oct 14 with a Nov 23 to 25 ship date. Decided I preferred black and was able to order the black XL 128gb yesterday afternoon and got the same Nov 23 to 25 ship date as my Oct 14 order date. Gonna lose my free daydream since I canceled the preorder silver, but that's ok.
Go check the status of your order though - mine says "Preordered" - I haven't received a new email about the Daydream thing yet but it was five days the last time - it's only been two since I ordered the 128! We'll see - no big deal...

jack92029

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I walked into my local Verizon store a few days ago and was given a Pixel XL demo to play with. They had several in stock.
Yesterday I was in Best Buy and they also had Pixel's in stock.
There does not seem to be any problem buying a Pixel if you want one in my area ( North San Diego). Both Verizon and Best Buy have them to sell.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you read the dozens of articles against buying at Verizon? Tortoise speed updates, and bloatware. No thank you

Ther a no bloatware on the Verizon Pixel. It's fully factory unlocked. I purchased one at Best Buy yesterday, popped my T-Mobile SIM in it and everything works just fine. Only if you activate the phone with the included Verizon SIM will three Verizon apps download. It's my understanding that you can simply delete those apps as well.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Ther a no bloatware on the Verizon Pixel. It's fully factory unlocked. I purchased one at Best Buy yesterday, popped my T-Mobile SIM in it and everything works just fine. Only if you activate the phone with the included Verizon SIM will three Verizon apps download. It's my understanding that you can simply delete those apps as well.

Does it have Verizons bootloader?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I think the primary complaints (which are only valid if the individual user minds them) are that the bootloader is locked and that service updates do have to get secondary authorization from Verizon (though I don't know if that determination is made by the products electronic ID (IMEI) or by it being actually activated on Verizon).

ClusterPuck

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I walked into my local Verizon store a few days ago and was given a Pixel XL demo to play with. They had several in stock.
There does not seem to be any problem buying a Pixel if you want one in my area ( North San Diego). Both Verizon and Best Buy have them to sell.

Great, I'll order and if you can do an in store pick up for me and ship Ill gladly compensate you!! LOL

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

THAT is the problem - it seems that Google is manufacturing like 90% of it's Pixels for Verizon - that's why it's so hard for us to get one FROM Google! If you want a straight out Google device with no Verizon stuff that you can run on say AT&T (in my case), then you buy it from Google Store and WAIT!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
The ONLY device I will get from a carrier is an iPhone because no one controls anything Apple does. It would kill a carrier to try and tell Apple what to do.

In my opinion, the Pixel/Pixel XL should be purchased directly from Google. I am on the wait list for the 128GB Quite Black Pixel XL.

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The ONLY device I will get from a carrier is an iPhone because no one controls anything Apple does. It would kill a carrier to try and tell Apple what to do.

In my opinion, the Pixel/Pixel XL should be purchased directly from Google. I am on the wait list for the 128GB Quite Black Pixel XL.

Ditto, waiting and waiting...

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Wait we shall....

Verizon is now showing a 11/2 date for a Pixel XL 32g Black version.... But you'll have a wait on your hands for the Pixel XL 128g Black version... That date is 12/9! YIKES!

Over on Google Store.... You can only get waitlisted for the Pixel XL 128g Black as of 10/27 @ 5:50pm EST.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance