Google Should Jump & Release ASAP

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Note 7 is now dead and soon to be buried. If Google was smart, they would put these out on the shelves and shipping ASAP to pick up all of the people who have to replace their phones.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store today to see about pre ordering and I asked the clerk if they would have some stock by end of the month. She responded saying "I should have some this week, we're launching it on Friday." Grain of salt of course.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Note 7 is now dead and soon to be buried. If Google was smart, they would put these out on the shelves and shipping ASAP to pick up all of the people who have to replace their phones.

But what if it isn't ready?

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If they planned for launch on October 20, they have to have completed boxed units ready to go by now. Just ramp up the delivery.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't make any difference, the most important is the date of release for pre-order and purchase, once people had decided to buy the phone, they will wait for it as long it's doesn't take more half year to reach their door step.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It wouldn't make any difference, the most important is the date of release for pre-order and purchase, once people had decided to buy the phone, they will wait for it as long it's doesn't take more half year to reach their door step.

Not if they currently don't have a phone that they trust won't self-immolate.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, might as well capitalize on Samsung's misfortune. I had a Note 7 from launch day. It was a great phone... but ultimately returned in for a refund. Glad I did not sell my 6P so I had something to use while I wait for the Pixel restock...

Celso Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

I hope they do a LOT a publicity. Enough to draw attention away from the Note 7 debacle.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Google could do a promo, return your Note 7, buy a Pixel, and get [something] free. Twelve months of YouTube Red or something.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This. Usually the release dates for phones are due to supply needing to be there. I doubt they can just move it up 2-3 weeks without any impact.

well HTC isnt selling as much device as they use to be and they definitely have the capacity to ramp up the production. we are not talking about millions here maybe a 100k units before release date. thats doable

alirezafarmad

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Google is really competing against Android phone makers, after all, Google profits from their profit, specially Samsung which is a big player in this game. I'd rather think Google should give a hand to Samsung not letting it down, otherwise Apple takes the upper hand, which I think already has done.