Customization?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Will we be able to fully customize our pixels and still get the full features that the phone incorporates? Like changing the wallpaper and icons?

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
From what I see from the preview videos, I don't think you can do that, it's still the Google Now launcher that we know but the Pixel launcher comes with additional changes such as dynamic calendar, different icons, different Google search widgets and deeper integration of Google Assistant.

Otherwise it will be very similar to the Google Now launcher, but I do hope the Pixel launcher has the notification badges.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
From what I see from the preview videos, I don't think you can do that, it's still the Google Now launcher that we know but the Pixel launcher comes with additional changes such as dynamic calendar, different icons, different Google search widgets and deeper integration of Google Assistant.

Otherwise it will be very similar to the Google Now launcher, but I do hope the Pixel launcher has the notification badges.

If you can't put your own wallpaper on, that'll be a bummer, but not deal breaker

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Wait...what? You cant customize the phone (other launchers, change background sounds...etc)? What am I missing? *scratchy head*

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Will we be able to fully customize our pixels and still get the full features that the phone incorporates? Like changing the wallpaper and icons?

Yes you will be able to change wallpaper and launcher! I don't know why you would think otherwise.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I think it'd be interesting if you couldn't change the wallpaper on a phone. It would be fun to see folks figure out whose phone is whose when the screen is locked, if they get the same color. :D Maybe this can be a commercial sometime in the future... Folks go to a party, everyone is bragging about the new phone they just got and waited in line days and hours for... They all place their phones on a table... Then there's a moment of humorous panic when something extraordinary happens, and everyone is trying to unlock their phone to take photos/video, all with the same lock screen, but everyone has the wrong phone and can't unlock any of the them.