To all who said Google Assistant only works on Pixel Phones because of "optimizations"

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Like I've said before, the way apple said Siri could only work on the 4s because of hardware but I got siri on my jailbroken iPhone 4 people have gotten the Google Assistant on the Nexus 6P

http://phandroid.com/2016/10/11/google-assistant-on-nexus-6p/

I am not in anyway bashing the phone, it's for the people who said that it's not possible to get this "software" onto other android phones because they weren't "optimized" or "couldn't handle it" I am not sure if google said that but plenty of people on forums sure did. (edit: not just these forums specifically. Fixed)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware anyone had said that. It's definitely a restriction based on where Google intends it to be used at this time rather than a restriction on where it can possibly be used.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying that here either. Only that they would probably not port the full blown assistant over to other phones, as it's a major differentiator of the Pixel/XL.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Add me to the chorus.

There are features of Nougat, as it happens, that won't be available to older phones, even if they run Nougat. But that's a whole different discussion.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone ever say that. Besides, Google never say that Google Assistant only exclusive on the Pixel, probably few month later it will be available to download from the Play store.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes and no. By moving something to the Play Store , for example a launcher you lose some functionality that you could otherwise provide by having it be a preloaded system app.

I think full assistant will require a system update. You can try it now with allo. But it's not able to fulfill system commands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald