Pixel Aesthetics

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Isn't this the opposite to "intuitive"?

It's more about overcoming what you've been trained to do. I think anyone coming from exclusive use of one device to another will find things "unintuitive", but for the most part either interface is simple enough in day to day use.

I very much dislike iOS's integrated settings, but Android has some real easter egg hunts there as well.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... no. There is give and take. Most of Android is a marked improvement to iOS despite geekbench scores. Including in many areas of the OS, performance.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
That being said, it does look a little bit like an iPhone from the front and a lot like one from the back lower half. That is why I ordered Blue!

lcousins

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I think the aesthetics of the Pixels is great. I love the look. As far.as the comparison to iPhones goes (chiefly size) I believe phones are evolving into the form factors people mostly want. Pixel XL being a primary size which explains it's similarlity to iPhone w the Pixel beong another choice a a popular form factor. I'm w you .. black is my choice also

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It looks 98% like an iPhone... just facts.

WlGaCysl.jpg

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There was a great quote from All about Android an episode or so back:
"I've always wanted an iPhone that runs Google".

pretty much sums up my thoughts. I want a premium phone that runs Android. I do not want a premium phone that runs iOS. Choice my friends!

AndroidBirdie

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I really don't think they look alike. Does the iPhone even look like the iPhone anymore? The shape/form is kind of what the phones of today have evolved into.. I remember the same discussion about HTC One some years ago. Just because a phone is white and thin, doesn't make it an iPhone.

OzymandiasX225

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
You mentioned speakers to utilize that waste of space to make it symmetrical - that's a very good point. I don't understand why most phone speakers are on the bottom of the phone where your hand is likely to cover it when holding it horizontally.

James Graham5

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It looks great, granted some similarities, but you can say that about pretty much every phone out there. There is only so many differences you can do with a cuboid.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just want to get an opinion on what you think about the Pixel as far as aesthetics.
Do you feel like Google might be trying to compete with Apple a bit more on the actual look of the phone?
If there is one thing I'm not to particular of is how the sensors tend to stand out so much on the white variant. That alone would be enough for me to pick the black one instead. But i'm just nitpicky like that. :p

Even though its not as pretty as my S7 edge, I think it's a good looker. Ive heard it looks awesome in the black.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Even though its not as pretty as my S7 edge, I think it's a good looker. Ive heard it looks awesome in the black.

I have the S7 Edge as well, and honestly like the look of the Pixel more. I appreciate Samsung's use of space, but not a fan of the glass back. I prefer the aluminum look of the Pixel. Strangely, I do like the glass section of the Pixel rear as it adds a dual two-tone look by slightly changing the color and texture of the rear.

Momi7

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Remember Lumia phones? They came out with strange new colours and it became a trend. Then Samsung launched phones with round edges which then became trend. Apple released rose gold and pink version of iPhone and everyone followed them. Everyone is mixing something from others except Motorola, LG, BlackBerry and Sony. Now Google is trying something new. I think they don't want go to court over any copyright infringement suit. Let's see how it pans out.

DroidBoi22

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I can't deny the fact that I think it looks like an iPhone. People are entitled to their own opinion, but to me, they look very much alike when viewed from the front. Of course this isn't to say I won't change my mind when I see it in person, but that's my conclusion based on the side by side picture comparison. Truth be told, you don't see people commenting that the Pixel looks like a Note 7, V20, or the S7e. I wouldn't be surprised if non techies (Your favorite grandma that bakes the best cookies) asked if that's an iPhone after seeing it at first glance. That said, just because they look similar doesn't mean they copied the iPhone nor does it detract from the device. Hell, I just put in my preorder for this device and I'm exited!