I bit the bullet and ordered. Even though The S8 is going to blow it away.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The S8 is going to blow it away. I'm leaving Verizon for fi full time. Ill use a data only sim in my S7 edge. My ship date was Monday the 24th.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I bit the bullet and ordered. Even though - - -

I've considered leaving Verizon in the rear view several times and haven't pulled the trigger because even Fi doesn't have proper coverage where I am. Glad you got out and best of luck to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I will have to wait and see what the S8 brings to see if it they will blow it away.

Last edited:

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

there will be a phone which will beat the current flagship.... unless you have EXTRA cash :)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I heard the S9 will blow the S8 away,,,,,,.,
Yeah I think it's a bit silly to go on about future device will 'blow away' current device. Yeah...that's kind of how technology goes. Tech improves and devices get better and better over time.

As it stands, it seems like the Pixel phones are the best Android phones you can get.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

lol nothing got blown away this year and next year even less will

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You're right, The S8 is definitely going to Blow up everything....... 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

Samsung phones are still laggy and slow. The IPhone 7 proved that, Now Google and the Pixel will prove that in the proper hands, It can be as fast or faster than an IPhone.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You're right, The S8 is definitely going to Blow up everything....... 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

Samsung phones are still laggy and slow. The IPhone 7 proved that, Now Google and the Pixel will prove that in the proper hands, It can be as fast or faster than an IPhone.
Speed tests show that isn't true. In fact, Samsungs are as fast as iPhones at pretty much anything that isn't a game or image editing.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Speed tests show that isn't true. In fact, Samsungs are as fast as iPhones at pretty much anything that isn't a game or image editing.
Speed tests?! Number's don't mean a thing. Real world use does. I work with phones everyday, set them up every day and trust me the Note 7 is slower than the IPhone. When the Pixel is side by side with the note 7 and IPhone 7 you'll see.

I should mention that I don't like Apple, Loved my N7 and have owned all Nexus devices. Samsung can't compete in actual real world speed.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Speed tests?! Number's don't mean a thing. Real world use does. I work with phones everyday, set them up every day and trust me the Note 7 is slower than the IPhone. When the Pixel is side by side with the note 7 and IPhone 7 you'll see.

I should mention that I don't like Apple, Loved my N7 and have owned all Nexus devices. Samsung can't compete in actual real world speed.
As I said, speed tests show you're wrong.
https://youtu.be/A-B_ZXn9dgA

https://youtu.be/bt90lk_J1tY

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You're right, The S8 is definitely going to Blow up everything....... ?????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????

are you sure about that? I mean the iphone is the benchmark king....side by side speed tests opening apps...nothing beats it. Are you saying the Pixel will beat it?
BTW...i think user experience trumps benchmarks and my Note 7 (rest in peace) was awesome. My OnePlus 3 is pretty darn awesome too. But my iphone 7 Plus still beats them all in benchmarks.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The title of this thread seems designed to bait people into an argument. I buy a lot of phones and will say this, I had the Nexus 6P and purchased the S7 edge when it was released. It was a nice phone and I liked it, but came no were near blowing the 6P away IMO.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Samsung has held up a half a year down the road without lagging and bogging down. It's a **** poor software and probably always will be. That's the difference between Samsung and the Pixel. This will be THE Android phone to have. Give it a couple years.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an S7 Edge now. I can't wait to get back to Google's vision of Android. TouchWiz still seems too bloated to me. And the crippled active display support? SMH.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7