Best Buy Shipping...

Eli Murray

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I just called Best Buy. I do not have a tracking number and after waiting on hold with the lady from Best Buy's customer service apparently there was a mix-up with the way they packaged all of the black Google phones so there's a one-week delay while they go through and repackage all of them.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess this is a mixed bag.
Thanks to the previous poster that reminded me that there's an automated order status via phone.

Online, my Pixel is still in the initial "Processing" stage, where it's been since day 1.

Via the automated voice system, my Pixel is "Being Prepared" with an expected delivery of tomorrow.

I haven't gotten a delay email, my online status hasn't moved in a week, and the phone systems says it'll be here tomorrow.

Not sure what to believe!
This will be interesting!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got the text this AM saying that my order will be fulfilled by 11/20. Similar to previous posters.

So I just called-in to find out if 11/20 is accurate, and I got an informed-sounding Rep. She told me that as of this AM, BB Corporate pushed out a notice to all Reps saying...

- The initial shipment of Black Pixels was insufficient to meet demand.
- Some were fulfilled, but may pre-orders are in a delay status.
- A second shipment is due over this weekend.
- They expect that shipment to be sufficient to fill all pre-orders.
- All pre-orders will be shipped next week.

Hope this helps other folks in my boat.
Also hope this is accurate. :D

CardFan502

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My pixel xl was delivered today before I got my shipping notice lol. I ordered on the 18th and it said delivery would be today. Yesterday it went to preparing for shipping on the website, with delivery next Tuesday. I called last night and checked order status through the automated system and it gave me a UPS tracking number. Website updated with the shipping number today after it was delivered.

On a side note, does anyone know how the gift card should work? My order doesn't say anything about it. Should my order show it? And does it not come until you are past the 14 day return window?

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe when I went through the checkout process it said that the gift card would be delivered via email "up to 48hrs" after the device was activated.

CardFan502

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe when I went through the checkout process it said that the gift card would be delivered via email "up to 48hrs" after the device was activated.

Ok thanks. Does your order status on the web show a gift card? Mine does not.

And to clarify why I"m asking, my order seemed to get messed up because it didn't take my payment method the first time. When I redid the payment method I got charged for the chromecast and the gift card info was not there either.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got the text this AM saying that my order will be fulfilled by 11/20. Similar to previous posters.

So I just called-in to find out if 11/20 is accurate, and I got an informed-sounding Rep. She told me that as of this AM, BB Corporate pushed out a notice to all Reps saying...

- The initial shipment of Black Pixels was insufficient to meet demand.
- Some were fulfilled, but may pre-orders are in a delay status.
- A second shipment is due over this weekend.
- They expect that shipment to be sufficient to fill all pre-orders.
- All pre-orders will be shipped next week.

Hope this helps other folks in my boat.
Also hope this is accurate. :D

Yet another call to BB tonight yields a different story than the one from earlier today, but one that is similar to a previous post in this thread.
I was told that their black Pixels have the wrong SKU on them for their East Coast customers, that they are re-marking them and that they will begin shipping in 24 hours.
Would be great!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
After my Sam's Club experience (awful), I am feeling pretty good about giving Best Buy my business.

On Friday, BB Reps told me my Pixel will get shipped over the weekend.

I checked my online status this AM - which tends to lag actual status - and it has finally moved from "Processing" to "Preparing". Looks like it should be on it's way. And it looks like the Rep knew what they were talking about.

Really looking forward to it!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
An update to possibly help other Best Buy customers waiting for shipment...

I just received notice that my order has shipped via UPS.
It appears that BB's report of fulfilling orders this past weekend for the Black XL was accurate.

If anyone else is waiting, your wait may be short!