Verizon Pixel XL In Hand

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The XL is roughly the same size as the note 4. And the pixel is half inch at most taller than iphone 6. I went in to Verizon to check them out and compare each to see which phone I want to replace.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The XL is roughly the same size as the note 4. And the pixel is half inch at most taller than iphone 6. I went in to Verizon to check them out and compare each to see which phone I want to replace.

Pixel XL is taller by 1 mm but not as wide as the Note 4 (3mm slimmer).

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
A great way to compare size is to use the size comparison tool at phoenarena.com. I used it to compare the pixel with iphone, 6p, 7+ and the edge many times. pretty much the only reason I ever go to that site.

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
how is the new snapdragon 821 chip any over heating issue dos the phone get warm hot ? on the back of the phone?

i noted when i had the samsung S7 phone and this may be the same with other snapdragon 820 chips that the phone got a little warm on the back even no you where not using it vary march

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
how is the new snapdragon 821 chip any over heating issue dos the phone get warm hot ? on the back of the phone?

i noted when i had the samsung S7 phone and this may be the same with other snapdragon 820 chips that the phone got a little warm on the back even no you where not using it vary march

The only time mine got a little warm was during the initial setup, and download/install of 100 or so apps while I was also setting up the phone. Nothing at all I would consider unusual. Stays cool all other times that I've noticed.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Verizon is giving the Pixel equal footing with their DROID line.

ojkY2kc.jpg

Last edited:

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon authorized reseller store up the street has the 128 XL Black but I'm on T-Mobile. Is there too much risk buying the one at Verizon? Anyone confirm bootloader info and what not? How do I see if it has all the same radios as the Google version.

Tu Johnson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ah, got Google Voice to work in the dialer too. Had to go into Google Voice settings and toggle "View and play voicemails from the phone call log".

Is Verizon voicemail pay for use or part of the plan? Getting a Pixel XL next month so wondering which visual voicemail to use for work phone.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I bought a "Verizon" Pixel XL from Best Buy. Removed the Verizon SIM that came preinstalled, put in a new Sprint SIM, fired it up and it is working great. The only thing I'm worried about are the updates. Since this was supposed to be a Verizon phone, I'm wondering if that will jack with the updates in any way. My current build number is NDE63N but I've seen others have NDE63P.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought a "Verizon" Pixel XL from Best Buy. Removed the Verizon SIM that came preinstalled, put in a new Sprint SIM, fired it up and it is working great. The only thing I'm worried about are the updates. Since this was supposed to be a Verizon phone, I'm wondering if that will jack with the updates in any way. My current build number is NDE63N but I've seen others have NDE63P.
Same here. I did the same thing you did but for use on T-Mobile. I'm still on build NDE63N, but I've seen others on 63P. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
My XL 128 gb version gets a little warm if I am using it while charging for any length of time but that is warm, not hot. Highest temp I have seen on the gsam monitor was 105 for the phone and 91 for the battery, and that was when I checked since it did feel a little warm. Usually quite cool.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Verizon is giving the Pixel equal footing with their DROID line.

http://i.imgur.com/ojkY2kc.jpg

Nice display. I tried two VZ stores in my area and neither had a display or knew when they were getting one. Maybe this is only in corporate stores at the moment. They were also uninformed on the Pixel. I was told that the Pixel XL was the same overall size as the Pixel. Only difference is "they put a larger screen on the XL" .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech