Google Cloud

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait for my Pixel XL to arrive.

I Have never been a big user of all of Googles features though.

I guess in the coming days I can ask about all of the Google Apps, or at least more than discussed here. The ones REALLY recommended

For now I was just watching a video and it said ALL of your pics are stored in the Cloud for free.
1. I have never used the cloud. Do they mean it in a generic term, as in it will have to go into one of Googles apps. Or do they mean they will go in the cloud, somewhere anyone can use. Android iPhone etc
2. Depending on that answer, do I have to sign in? Or is it like once Signed in to my phone I will be signed in?
3. I am only familiar with uploading them to DropBox and will have to see how that compares
4. Does it connect directly with Google Photos, as in if you are not using Google Photos, like I use QikPic, then it will not work

Anyway you can see the confusion especially from someone who doesn't like change and is also said to be a HUGE minimalist

Thanks for any help

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Spend some time with Google Photos, Drive, and the Docs/Sheets/Slides.
Do some photo/file sharing and doc collaborating.
So much to learn and do!

Just jump in.
No need to look before you leap.

Chandru_B

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Google apps like Photos, Drive (Cloud storage similar to drop box), gmail are all interconnected. With the existing gmail credentials all apps do not require separate login, The drive will store unlimited photos and videos taken with the pixel phones instantaneously, meaning they will be uploaded to the drive. Already existing files in drop box may not be included in the offer. I think that those files will come under the limited capacity storage of Google Drive.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I still have to read up on them (debate) but which one is the official cloud? I am not stupid so I am fairly certain it is a generic term and that would apply to DropBox, as well as here Photos and Drive.. I will read the links above and I am certain it will recommend when to use which one. Ty all (anyone get theirs yet?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084