iPhone 7 plus Vs pixel xl imo

bennu901

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
No flames please this is jmo... so my Verizon Rep that sells me all of my phones hits me up this am to let me know they have some pixels in stock. When I got there and start playing with the phone the first thing I noticed was the build quality didn't feel as good as my 7plus.. which bothered me since the 7plus 256gb and the 128 pxl are only a 100$ apart.. tested the camera on both phones side by side and I'll say that I do like the pixels camera better than the 7 although it's not night and day different... next I checked to see how snappy it was compared to the 7 they were both fast as hell no issues there...I knew the fingerprint scanner was on the back of course but I wasn't going to call it a issue until I felt it in my hand , and I will say I'm not feeling that at all , unlocking with your thumb is way more natural... I didn't test google assistant because I was using it on my note 7 (allo) and I already knew what it was capable of , yes having it baked in is better but still not a omg I gotta have it type of deal ..I played with it for about an hour and a half total and came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth dumbing my 7plus 256 for .. I figured I'll only be keeping both phones 12-16months max and when I got ready to sell the pixel or 7 the 7s value will still be there...I will definitely miss the customization of android for a while but I just didn't see or feel anything that made me want to switch to the pixel and trust me I came to buy it ....is it a bad phone ? of course not it's great but not better than the 7 imo

bennu901

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I never understood the reason why they would want to put a fingerprint scanner on the back but I'm not one of those people that knock something before trying and after trying it it's so unnatural considering the way we hold our phones in our hands

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I never understood the reason why they would want to put a fingerprint scanner on the back but I'm not one of those people that knock something before trying and after trying it it's so unnatural considering the way we hold our phones in our hands
I think it works best on the LG phones. It's super quick on the v20. As soon as your finger taps it the phone unlocks it. I think it's best on the LG phones because they have knock code so when you want to use the phone and not pick it up you put in your code you're good. That's the combo I would use should I get an LG phone.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the finger print scanner on the back. This is more natural to me, since I like to hold my phone in my hands 99% of the time. Let's say I'm pull my phone from my pocket, by the time it's facing me, my screen is on and I'm ready to go. To me a front scanner just doesn't seem that intuitive, it's like a wanna be track pad on laptops (jmo).

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably more of a comparison for those still looking to upgrade that had NOT just recently purchased a device. I would not swap out a 30ish day old high end device either unless it was possessed with gremlins. :p That & so far, no matter the device or op system there are always the endless list of trade offs.

bennu901

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I agree but there are a lot of note 7 refugees that traded their notes in for iPhones because that was probably the best option at time of trade like myself.....would I get the pixel over the s7 edge ? Yes in a heartbeat would I trade any other smart phone that's out ATM for it ? Most definitely simply because I'm seeking a iOS experience on android, but as of now since the note 7 died iPhone 7 is king of the hill imo until the next round of phones come out

bennu901

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I love iOS 10 man iMessage is dope comes with preloaded gifs and a search button to find other gifs on the fly right in the text section, it's smooth of course and the camera shortcut from the lock screen is nice, quick reply to texts are also dope just long press on the text notification from the lock screen pull down reply then it goes away these are just a few things I like

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I love iOS 10 man iMessage is dope comes with preloaded gifs and a search button to find other gifs on the fly right in the text section,
iMessage might be dope with other iPhone folks but pretty worthless when texting android people. I have a 6s and agree tho that ios10 is really nice and has some cool features. The 6s is a backup device tho that I pull out occasionally. Prefer my HTC 10 over it any day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc