Pixel Bluetooth issues

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Greetings,

Thought I would start a new thread specifically about Bluetooth if anybody is having issues...

In my case I am unable to totally pair my Pixel to my 2016 Honda Pilot infotainment system. The device will pair and seem to be connected as I can stream music from my device. However, if somebody sends me a text the Pilot does not acknowledge it. If somebody calls, the Pilot touchscreen will start to ring and if I tap on Answer call, it acts like it answers but it actually doesn't. My phone keeps ringing and I have to answer the call and talk on my phone. Sometimes the car will still think it's in a call even when I tap the hang up button on the touchscreen in the car.

It was mentioned in the gripes thread that it could be an issue with how Google does Bluetooth. If a Bluetooth headset is connected to your phone when you try to connect your phone to the vehicle, it won't work because Google's Bluetooth only allows one device. In my case I have a both a Gear Live smartwatch (android wear) and the Gear Fit 2.. yes, I'm a geek. If I disconnect both of them, then connect my phone I actually got it to work once, but even then when I hung up on the car touchscreen, it still thought it was connected. I assume it's the Android Wear device since that has a mic in it....

In the past I've always had an iPhone or Galaxy devices and they have never had any issues with any car systems. It's not quite to deal breaker status yet, but thought I'd at least start a thread about it in case others run into similar issues.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this, that's a significant issue if true. I use bluetooth in the vehicle all the time, it MUST work properly for me.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Greetings,

Thought I would start a new thread specifically about Bluetooth if anybody is having issues...

In my case I am unable to totally pair my Pixel to my 2016 Honda Pilot infotainment system. The device will pair and seem to be connected as I can stream music from my device. However, if somebody sends me a text the Pilot does not acknowledge it. If somebody calls, the Pilot touchscreen will start to ring and if I tap on Answer call, it acts like it answers but it actually doesn't. My phone keeps ringing and I have to answer the call and talk on my phone. Sometimes the car will still think it's in a call even when I tap the hang up button on the touchscreen in the car.

It was mentioned in the gripes thread that it could be an issue with how Google does Bluetooth. If a Bluetooth headset is connected to your phone when you try to connect your phone to the vehicle, it won't work because Google's Bluetooth only allows one device. In my case I have a both a Gear Live smartwatch (android wear) and the Gear Fit 2.. yes, I'm a geek. If I disconnect both of them, then connect my phone I actually got it to work once, but even then when I hung up on the car touchscreen, it still thought it was connected. I assume it's the Android Wear device since that has a mic in it....

In the past I've always had an iPhone or Galaxy devices and they have never had any issues with any car systems. It's not quite to deal breaker status yet, but thought I'd at least start a thread about it in case others run into similar issues.

Do you have both phone and media options check?

Attachments

• 33765.jpg
    33765.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 775

undone

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
This is the first phone that doesnt connect properly to my vehicle. And I am amazed on how pissed off I am. I have a 2012 Suburban, so it will pair connect then drop the connection. I did various things to try to get it to work but its the same results. Somethings broke.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So far it looks like it can't be paired to an Android Wear watch and a car system at the same... unfortunately the wife took the Pilot today so I will have to mess with it this weekend.

dmahoney12

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with a 2016 Honda Pilot and I don't have a wearable. Very frustrating. Looks like it's paired correctly but you can't initiate calls from the dash and you can't receive calls. Media streaming, phone book looks ups seem to work.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So far it looks like it can't be paired to an Android Wear watch and a car system at the same... unfortunately the wife took the Pilot today so I will have to mess with it this weekend.

Bummer! I have a Honda and a Moto 360. Thank gawd for my awesome Nexus 6.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Bummer! I have a Honda and a Moto 360. Thank gawd for my awesome Nexus 6.
Nexus 6 and Huawei watch, occasional issues in a Toyota - but I think part of that is an issue with Bluetooth handling in Nougat (was horrible under developer preview, better with release version but not perfect it had been).

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with a 2016 Honda Pilot and I don't have a wearable. Very frustrating. Looks like it's paired correctly but you can't initiate calls from the dash and you can't receive calls. Media streaming, phone book looks ups seem to work.

Yeah, it might not be related to my wearable. Very likely just a fluke that it happened to make a call when I had it turned off.. it was still glitchy after that. The wearable doesn't show up on the phone with the little headset icon like a bluetooth headset or a car does. I need to do some more testing.

Nexus 6 and Huawei watch, occasional issues in a Toyota - but I think part of that is an issue with Bluetooth handling in Nougat (was horrible under developer preview, better with release version but not perfect it had been).

Hopefully with updates coming right from Google they will improve on it. If I go back to my Note 5 I want it to be because I miss the stylus... not something like bad Bluetooth connectivity... That should be basic stuff....

Mehran10064

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi. My new pixel phone does not connect automatically to my vehicle. I have a Samsung watch that is connected with the Bluetooth and I think that might be a problem because I heard that Google only allows one device to be connected at once, however every time I sit in the car I have to manually connect this phone to the car and also I noticed that when I connect the phone, the audio does not work ,even though the option for the media is on on the Bluetooth. I don't know if I'm the only one that is experiencing this problem or is there any other user experiences it as well? Thank you

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This thread is starting to scare me. So something like what I'm used to in the screenshot below is not possible? I constantly flip between multiple Bluetooth devices and like that fact that I can have two headphones connect simulateously for both calls and media.

2c0780b768587b9d2e05c44abf9f7027.jpg

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
This thread is starting to scare me. So something like what I'm used to in the screenshot below is not possible? I constantly flip between multiple Bluetooth devices and like that fact that I can have two headphones connect simulateously for both calls and media.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161022/2c0780b768587b9d2e05c44abf9f7027.jpg

Don't want to scare anyone but I have the 6p and its been 1 year and it's been a nightmare with Bluetooth. It's something and stock Android.

This year I did not pull the trigger right away on the Pixel XL in fear of living with the same issues regarding Bluetooth. I cannot even use Android auto in my car reliably because of the Bluetooth issues.

If you for to Google forums, xda or here on Android Central there are quite a few similar complaints about the 6p

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
That is odd. I've not had any issues with Android Auto with the 6P. BT seems to be fine between my phone, car and OG Moto 360.

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. My new pixel phone does not connect automatically to my vehicle. I have a Samsung watch that is connected with the Bluetooth and I think that might be a problem because I heard that Google only allows one device to be connected at once, however every time I sit in the car I have to manually connect this phone to the car and also I noticed that when I connect the phone, the audio does not work ,even though the option for the media is on on the Bluetooth. I don't know if I'm the only one that is experiencing this problem or is there any other user experiences it as well? Thank you

I've got a gear s2 that I'm using with my pixel and I have no issues with my phone connecting to my car automatically when I get in and start it up .... I'm in a Ford F150 using sync ... So far no issues whatsoever

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. I've not had any issues with Android Auto with the 6P. BT seems to be fine between my phone, car and OG Moto 360.

It connects to my car, if using Android auto after the first call if I make an outgoing or I receive an incoming call it's a deadline. I have to unplug the device and manually click transfer call to the car. Also with my Bluetooth headset it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

The reason I did not yet pull the trigger on the XL is from these Bluetooth issues.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got a gear s2 that I'm using with my pixel and I have no issues with my phone connecting to my car automatically when I get in and start it up .... I'm in a Ford F150 using sync ... So far no issues whatsoever
But can you answer calls directly from the Gear S2? Does that watch support phone calls over Bluetooth?

jmcging

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 6P updated to 7.1 last night and the Pixel came today, so this likely is a 7.1 issue.

I have a 2012 GM Equinox that was working great with the Nexus 6P pre 7.1, Never tried it with 7.1 because it came after I was home and had no reason to be in the car and the new Pixel came today.

Neither will work with the car with bluetooth, although both say that they are paired, neither connects unless I am in the Android pairing screens. Once off those, the connection goes away, the light on the car goes away, no connection. This was tested on both phones, and the results are the same all the time. The car sees each phone, pairs with each phone, but the magic that happens when you connect doesn't happen.

Other devices are connecting via BT (such as my fitbit) but the car pairs but never connects (again, unless on the android pair screen or if I use the car and select a phone, it'll connect for a second but goes away).