we need a Pixel phone that's the size of the iPhone SE

will336

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
The Pixel phones look amazing but they really need to finally make a compact phone. A Pixel phone that's about the same size as the iPhone SE would be the perfect phone in my opinion

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I think that is Sony's market at this point in the Android realm. I have a really hard time believing Google would do this as it is such a niche and dilutes the brand. I am really surprised the SE came out but I know why, it was to get people with a 5S to buy a new phone that didn't want to move to something bigger. It also offers a cheaper option. I have a co-worker that held out with his 5S and loves the form factor and design and the SE appealed directly to him.

Not to say it won't happen, if the Pixel brand shows great success, perhaps next year it will happen. But everyone wants to kill off the small phone and most see the smaller Pixel already as too small.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Sony Z3c was pretty amazing but after six months I felt the screen cramped, especially when typing.

N5 never felt too big or too small to me. That phone is the gold standard for me. I'm relieved to get a no compromise 5" class device.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I could go back to using a 4" screen, and I have to think that if customers were clamoring for a phone like that, more companies would be making them.

will336

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Well don't forget, Apple made the surprising mistake of not offering a flagship compact phone for a while and there was, dare I say, some backlash, which forced them to quickly throw together the SE. Some rumours say that next September that new iPhone will come in 3 different sizes. If they do this, 3 different sizes but same specs, the whole industry will be watching to see those sales numbers. If they do this, I think the 4" 2017 iPhone will sell just as many units as the other sizes. The SE sold really well don't forget

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I could go back to using a 4" screen, and I have to think that if customers were clamoring for a phone like that, more companies would be making them.

Yes, presently I believe they over shot the mark and I see things settling down in the 5~5.5 range. We already see things pulling back from 6. There will be some on either side but hoping the majority is around 5.2.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a market for it. But it's a small market. Although I could be wrong because a lot of women want the smaller iPhone 5/5s/SE size because it fits their hands better. I think the bigger problem is getting a phone with a 4" screen with top end specs that will perform well and isn't full of bloat. Any of the smaller Android phones are low specs and don't run well. A small pixel could sell.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a market for it. But it's a small market. Although I could be wrong because a lot of women want the smaller iPhone 5/5s/SE size because it fits their hands better. I think the bigger problem is getting a phone with a 4" screen with top end specs that will perform well and isn't full of bloat. Any of the smaller Android phones are low specs and don't run well. A small pixel could sell.

My wife used the 5s to the 6 then went to the se. She likes the size of the se. With that said, my guess would be that the market for a four inch high end Android is significantly lower than the 5-5.5, and Google made what they think would sell the best

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree. If anything, they should keep the same size and increase the screen by reducing the bezels in future models

This is exactly what needs to happen. The Pixel XL is essentially the same size as the Note 7, with 0.2 less screen. The top and bottom bezels are also much smaller on the Note 7. These are areas that Google can work on some give us more screen, or slightly more "one-hand" manageable devices.

That said, I believe the Note 7 issues are due in part or in whole to the incredibly small footprint of the device and everything they have jammed in there. We are probably near the limits with current tech with how much we can stuff into these small frames safely.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife used the 5s to the 6 then went to the se. She likes the size of the se. With that said, my guess would be that the market for a four inch high end Android is significantly lower than the 5-5.5, and Google made what they think would sell the best
Nope, don't disagree and most are fine with the 5" size. My wife was reluctant to go to the IP6 from her 5 but now when she uses my daughter's iPod touch 5th gen she can't believe how small it is lol.

I've seen some very very small/petite women using Notes and iPhone 6(6s) pluses and they can barely hang onto them with one hand but they seem to like it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope, don't disagree and most are fine with the 5" size. My wife was reluctant to go to the IP6 from her 5 but now when she uses my daughter's iPod touch 5th gen she can't believe how small it is lol.

I've seen some very very small/petite women using Notes and iPhone 6(6s) pluses and they can barely hang onto them with one hand but they seem to like it.

I have seen it both ways. Comes to to personal preference.

But I think that majority of people who have used 5" or above, while they might have been apprehensive at ,don't want to down size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie