Notification Volume

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if this has been brought up. Tapa talk isn't the best for searching.

Is there a way to adjust the notification volume?

Thanks

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Notification volume is tied to the ringer volume.

When you hit one of the volume buttons click on the down arrow to expand.

You'll have 3 options... Ring, Media and Alarms.

Ring is both for ringer and notifications.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
gabbott explained it well but I will add one more thing - as with all phones, the notifications themselves vary enormously in volume. Get the ZEDGE app, and try some new ones out. Some are literally twice as loud as any that come with the phone. Same for ring tones. The speaker is appreciably quieter than the 6P speakers though if by chance that's what you're used to.

Additionally, the volume rockers adjust whatever volume is most pertinent. If you're on a call, they adjust call volume. If you're connected to a bluetooth speaker, they adjust bluetooth volume. If the phone is doing nothing, it adjusts notification volume. Etc. etc.

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the reply

On my S4 I could adjust ringer, media and notification.

It's nice to have control. Is there an app that breaks the sound volume apart?

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
There is no app needed. When you use the volume rockers to change the volume, tap the down arrow on the right side of the volume bar that appears on screen and you will have access to separate volumes for everything.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
There is no app needed. When you use the volume rockers to change the volume, tap the down arrow on the right side of the volume bar that appears on screen and you will have access to separate volumes for everything.

Not everything. He asked about separating ringer volume from notification volume. You can't do that on the Pixel natively.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Not everything. He asked about separating ringer volume from notification volume. You can't do that on the Pixel natively.

Sorry I missed that distinction - you are correct.

Notification volume = ringer volume with android.

That bring said, it's very easy to select tones that are vastly different in volume, and will have a similar effect.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It's the same way it's been on the Nexus... And one of my biggest complaints about stock Android. I hate the fact that I can't adjust my ringtone and notification volume separately on my 6p. I don't know why Google hasn't figured it out yet that people want it separated.

tpero

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
De-linking volumes is one of the (many) things that Samsung layers on in their custom modifications to Android, which is why their updates always take forever. Would be nice if this was possible natively in Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12