Anyone broke theirs yet?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My 3 year old tossed mine down our wood stairs. The cheap clear tpu case kept it safe though (whew). Anyone else close calls or broken glass?

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just two tiny scratches that can hardly be seen. My Spigen is arriving tomorrow and screen protector next wed?

But to be honest it almost makes an argument for going silver for those who like to run with a naked phone?

Glad to hear yours survived! I have one that just turned 4 and one at 4 months.... Haha

d839cb771fc76e56b987c0fe98e1fad1.jpg

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's the exact reason most of my cars are a medium or light silver. Hides dirt and scratches better
I had a silver '01 Accord until '11 and definitely miss that color. Currently driving a dark blue 4Runner... Want my next vehicle to be silver again!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Have you dropped your Pixel yet?

The phone is quite slippery. My phone has not hit the floor yet but I did have a few close-calls.
I don't have a Pixel...but I know the feeling. Sometimes I think trying to "catch" the phone with my foot before it hits the floor does more damage than it does good. Do you plan on using a case?

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site

First thing I am putting on the phone is a Rhinoshield bumper. Shows off the nice design but protects really well.

I would be a nervous wreck if I didn't have something on it

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I hate metal/glass unibody phones for this reason. I hate cases. I don't mind dropping/Scuffing up my phone a little, but there is something about gouging a metal frame that makes me want to cringe compared to a composite.

I really wish phone companies would get away from this idea of a metal meaning premium and take a note from nokia. Loved how nearly every lumia felt.

Tevv

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site

That really does suck, I just put a clear rubber case on mine. I went without a case on my Galaxy S7 though and basically destroyed the thing so I'm trying to be more careful.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I have rhinoshield bumper coming Thursday and official Pixel case coming weekend. Got to get thru without dropping for the next couple of days.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Just put a case on it, that's why they make them. You can always take the case off when your home too. So whats the big deal about buying a case.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
My 3 year old tossed mine down our wood stairs. The cheap clear tpu case kept it safe though (whew). Anyone else close calls or broken glass?

When ever i see brand new phones (less than 3 weeks) get broken, a little part of me dies inside lol.
I think I'm going to stay away from this thread so i don't see all the carnage that may lay ahead lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When ever i see brand new phones (less than 3 weeks) get broken, a little part of me dies inside lol.
I think I'm going to stay away from this thread so i don't see all the carnage that may lay ahead lol
Agreed. I cringe lol.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

It's funny, I spend hundreds on the phone but then look for the cheapest clear TPU case for under $5 :) They seem to work though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod