Official Pixel case. Anyone bought?

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone bought Google's silicone version of the iPhone leather case? I've bought the Spigen Rugged Armour for the Pixel and it's nice but like the look of the official case.

Had a Spigen Thin Fit case for my 5X for the last 12 months and loved it. Don't see one yet for the regular Pixel.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bought the clear OEM plastic and think the edges are to sharp and might scratch the bezels. I'm going to get their silicon.

A Pilgrim

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Mine arrived today. It's the black official case for the Pixel from the Google store.

First impressions - I like very much. It's super slim, perfect fit and has a really nice finish, a bit like a high end rubber / eraser but slippier

On the downside, not sure on level of protection if it faced a big drop and bottom is not fully protected.

Inside is very fine white microfibre finish. Looks to protect phone finish fine.

All in all, just what I was after and very pleased. I shall be keeping.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine arrived today. It's the black official case for the Pixel from the Google store.

First impressions - I like very much. It's super slim, perfect fit and has a really nice finish, a bit like a high end rubber / eraser but slippier

On the downside, not sure on level of protection if it faced a big drop and bottom is not fully protected.

Inside is very fine white microfibre finish. Looks to protect phone finish fine.

Does the outside seem like it will be a lint magnet? I am thinking about getting one but have been hesitant because of the fear of silicone grabbing every piece of lint in my pocket.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

Lovely. I've always preferred shell cases. The big Spigen cases are probably more protective but they come with their own problems, ie. letting dust in that could damage the phone. These sound like they won't allow such a problem which appeals to me.

wire1141

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Sooooo...I really want a case with little to no slip. If I can lay it flat in my palm and point my fingers about 45 degrees towards floor with no movement? Don't care about lint from pocket or it getting dirty.

A Pilgrim

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Lint update: been in pocket this morning and has picked up a little lint as well as hand smudges.

45 degree test: no pass. Too slippy.

Still very happy with it though.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Well now I've received mine I can confirm that it is a lovely case but surprisingly slippery. I was expecting it to be quite grippy but I reckon it's quite slick. Or perhaps it's just my hands.

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Well now I've received mine I can confirm that it is a lovely case but surprisingly slippery. I was expecting it to be quite grippy but I reckon it's quite slick. Or perhaps it's just my hands.
Do you have the defect around the buttons like others have posted?

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Have one with XLqb (quite black) my impressions:

(1) It took a day to mold to body, at first I got contact bubble on the top glass part that looked like little "oil spills" probably due to too tight a dit and contact to glass screen top on back

(2) The clear top shows excess micro scratches on the case either due to manufacturing or just its too glossy ... You see this more indoors under lights

(3) There's not much protection - it's a hard case, no cushion, and very slippery almost more than a naked XL

(4) The bottom lips force your finger over the speaker if you hold the phone in your right hand, one handed which revealed that boy the Pixel does not like getting its speaker covered because it didn't just muffle but really distorted the sound when at full volume playing Pink Floyd (maybe I need to listen to something from this century).

Overall I ended up buying the Spigen off Amazon, I doubt I will be using this case long.

It shows too much in terms of dust, dirt, scratches easily it appears, and isn't BPA free so you get the funky gas-glow when tilting and holding it in sunlight.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the defect around the buttons like others have posted?
No defects around the buttons that I can see, inside or out.

The microfibre looks like it could easily detach from the inside of the case, but only around the buttons, but I assume that's because the case is softer around the buttons to make them easier to press. I'm assuming that's a side effect of the design.

I'm not aware of the issues being reported. Got a link to the thread?

mcshady1996

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so, I'm in the same boat as the original post. i was holding off on the case purchase waiting for the thin fit to show up at spigen, but it never did.

then i emailed spigen asking about it, and they replied that there are no plans at this time to make a thin fit case for the pixel.

really not happy as i have gone thin fit for the past several phones... it's one of a kind and super cheap.

i ended up ordering a slim armor and i don't like it.... too thick and slippery. i just ordered the rugged armor today and I'm hoping for something closer to the thin fit from that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey