Buy from Google, activate on Verizon?

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, this will be my first time buying a phone from any other source besides VZW and I need some help. Is it just as simple as popping out the VZ sim card and putting it into the Pixel? Do I have to go through any other steps? Thanks for the assistance!

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, if it's unlocked version, it should be working with Verizon SIM Card.

I am not from US, but that basically how it's work in my country, we can just plugin any SIM Card to our phone to activated it.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
OK, this will be my first time buying a phone from any other source besides VZW and I need some help. Is it just as simple as popping out the VZ sim card and putting it into the Pixel? Do I have to go through any other steps? Thanks for the assistance!

Yes it is as simple as that if you have a compatible SIM Card. I had the S6 and I just popped out my S6 Sim card and put it in the Pixel. I moved my daughter from an S5 to my old S6. I had to go to the Verizon store to get a new sim card since the S5 sim card didn't fit in the S6. That was a very painless and easy process.

raroxburgh

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

From the US it is as simply as popping in the sim. You might want to do a restart, but it should work just fine.

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Great! Thanks everyone for the info... of course, I have to wait until it's back in stock or win the contest to actually do this, lol!

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You get the same three Verizon apps installed upon installation of Verizon sim on the Google one. They can be uninstalled on both the Google and Verizon one.

Are you sure? Weren't the three apps, Verizon Messenger+, My Verizon, and GoGo TV. Maybe because the way I did it, the third app was never installed. I setup my phone on wifi and I downloaed My Verizon and Verizon Messenger myself since I use both of them. After I got things setup and downloaded, I powered down, installed my sim and everything was good. The third app was never installed.

anon(98335)

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone from Google store. I got the VZW apps installed after I finished the setup with VZW SIM in there.. they can be uninstalled.