How many people that didn't order would have if they could have...?

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I really want a Pixel XL. I mean I really, really want a Pixel XL. The problem is I already have an installment agreement on T Mobile. With the phone not being available through T-Mobile I would have to either pay the full price for the phone from Google or start a new installment agreement with Google. Which I simply can't afford right now. So my question is, how many people would have ordered a Pixel or a Pixel XL if they could have got it directly through the carrier that they are already on?

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for other carriers but I will not get a carrier phone again. I got the Moto X 2014 from AT&T at what i thought was the subsidized price of $200 like I always have. I also upgraded to the "next" plan because of a data plan promotions but I later realized that i was paying $25 extra for my motox vs a family members paid off phone. I realized ATT was making much more than if i has just bought an unlocked phone. I would rather give my money to the manufacturer (google) instead of the carrier. Now, I just pay data and device access which is cheaper for me in the long run or until something changes.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I stopped buying carrier devices long time back, never want to be tied to what the useless carrier decides to carry. They don't care about user interest and so just use them as dumb pipes. If I don't want to pay full price, most OEMs offer some kind of financing, or PayPal credit payment option. So not a big deal.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
when ur agreement ends dont make an another mistake of buying from t-mobil again. buy it directly from google. they also have a financing option

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I really want a Pixel XL. I mean I really, really want a Pixel XL. The problem is I already have an installment agreement on T Mobile. With the phone not being available through T-Mobile I would have to either pay the full price for the phone from Google or start a new installment agreement with Google. Which I simply can't afford right now. So my question is, how many people would have ordered a Pixel or a Pixel XL if they could have got it directly through the carrier that they are already on?

How much do you still owe on your current phone? How much could you sell it for on Swappa/Craigslist/etc? If you could sell it for enough to pay off the balance (which is likely if it's still in good condition and you've got at least a year's worth of payments into it - which you'd need to be in order to be eligible to upgrade on most of T-mo's Jump programs, anyway), then you're basically good to go - with the exception that at such time as you might want to upgrade again, you'd have to go through a similar process of selling/purchasing. Of course, then you could also save the fees you're paying to be in the Jump program, which would add up considerably.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I really want a Pixel XL, I would even get the Pixel if I could afford it. I thought about selling my android but it's garbage (Asus ZenFone 2). Its not in mint condition either. The best is to go with financing with google but I am not sure If they approve easily. I read someone having a credit over 700 and a good paying job and not get approve.

Last option is to save and then buy it unlock full price. This is my plan so far.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I considered the Pixel XL when I had to give up my Note7. I did not choose to get it because it doesn't have a high enough IPXX rating. I also don't get the design (what is up with that glass on the back of the phone?!?). And I found the antenna bands to be ugly. But to be fair, I also found the antenna bands to be ugly on the iPhone 6S Plus I owned.

At the end of the day, I purchased a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus because it has an IP67 rating, a telephoto lens, it will get all software and security updates, the design is better (stereo sound!), and I can feel comfortable knowing that it won't explode. Sure, the Pixel XL probably won't explode and it will also get software and security updates, but it's not as water-resistant as I'd like it to be and I would not want to spend an extra $100 on top of the $869.99 price tag for the 128GB model.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
How much do you still owe on your current phone? How much could you sell it for on Swappa/Craigslist/etc? If you could sell it for enough to pay off the balance (which is likely if it's still in good condition and you've got at least a year's worth of payments into it - which you'd need to be in order to be eligible to upgrade on most of T-mo's Jump programs, anyway), then you're basically good to go - with the exception that at such time as you might want to upgrade again, you'd have to go through a similar process of selling/purchasing. Of course, then you could also save the fees you're paying to be in the Jump program, which would add up considerably.

Exactly what I have been doing for the past 3 phones that I have.

I had a Verizon Note 5 and was on their payment plan. Every year on or about the 1 year anniversary of me getting the phone from Verizon, my pay off amount is the same as I can sell it for on Ebay. So I owed $355 on the phone from Verizon, Sold it on Ebay for $410 (shocked I got this much, actually) after fees and shipping I just about cover the payoff of my phone. Literally only a couple bucks out of pocket.

I hate using E Bay because of fees but they phones sell so fast on there its worth moving it sometimes.

During that time I just hit up Google Financing for my Pixel XL 128gb. Payments will be close and I dont have to fork out the cash now.

Not sure if you can do the same but definitely look into just selling your old device if its close

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I considered the Pixel XL when I had to give up my Note7. I did not choose to get it because it doesn't have a high enough IPXX rating. I also don't get the design (what is up with that glass on the back of the phone?!?). And I found the antenna bands to be ugly. But to be fair, I also found the antenna bands to be ugly on the iPhone 6S Plus I owned.

At the end of the day, I purchased a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus because it has an IP67 rating, a telephoto lens, it will get all software and security updates, the design is better (stereo sound!), and I can feel comfortable knowing that it won't explode. Sure, the Pixel XL probably won't explode and it will also get software and security updates, but it's not as water-resistant as I'd like it to be and I would not want to spend an extra $100 on top of the $869.99 price tag for the 128GB model.

Yea. The iPhone 7 Plus is pretty good. I just got my stepson one. Nothing wrong with it but iOS is not for me. So an iPhone isn't an option. Once I had to give up my Note 7 I went back to my S7 Edge.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I did too, but they didn't have what I wanted. I finally gave in and bought a 32gb pixel to try. If I like it, I'll go up to the 128gb XL when they're back in stock (if ever) . I recently tried a ZTE axon 7. What a phone that is. Abd at about hapf the cost of the pixel. Im still thinking about it. Only drawback that I found was low light photos. Build quality, looks, stats, has expansion for sd card. All better than pixel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance