Anyone get there gear s to pair with the pixel xl?

bert3217

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Tried everything i can think of. Loved the watch with the Note 7 but that ship has sailed. Would love to have it back on my Google. Is it possible.

xavier1415

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
i have been trying for the passed hour to get it to connect to my gear S but the gear app says it not able to find anything but when I go to regular Bluetooth settings the watch can pair but still no luck with the gear app

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure it this helps, but I have been able to pair my Gear Fit 2. I will say the limited interoperability of Samsung's 'stuff' is irritating at best. I would dearly love to liberate all my information out of S-health, but I don't feel like buying a new fitness tracker. I knew I was going to pay the price for allowing myself to get sucked into their ecosystem. Thankfully I am not as deep as others.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Gear Fit 2 required a secondary app called Gear Fit2 Plugin. It forced me to install when I first tried to pair the Gear Fit 2 with my Pixel. I see there is a Gear Plugin app in the Play Store. Do you have that installed? Not sure if it is required, but maybe worth a try.

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
i have been trying for the passed hour to get it to connect to my gear S but the gear app says it not able to find anything but when I go to regular Bluetooth settings the watch can pair but still no luck with the gear app

I had no problems whatsoever getting my gear s2 to work with my pixel. Just went on the play store downloaded 'samsung gear' app and it pretty well walked me through everything ... Made me download gear plugin app during the process ... My watch is up and running now the exact same way it did with my note 7

barrelman17

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the gear? That's what worked for me.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the gear? That's what worked for me.

Ooo, I'll second that. I know I have to unpair my Android Wear watch with an old phone before I pair it to a new one (it actually hard resets itself when you do that.) My Gear Fit 2 I had to do that as well I'm pretty sure... It had a full hard reset and a "lesser" level that kept the stats but just deleted the pairing I think......

I bet that is your issue.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It has been a long time since I have had a Gear S, but I believe it is only compatible with Galaxy phones. Now the Gear S2 (which I have) and the new Gear S3 work with non-Galaxy devices and soon iOS too.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues connecting my Gear Fit 2. I needed the Samsung Gear app, Gear Fit 2 plugin and Samsung Servies app installed. Reset my Gear Fit 2 and the Gear app found it right away.

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It has been a long time since I have had a Gear S, but I believe it is only compatible with Galaxy phones. Now the Gear S2 (which I have) and the new Gear S3 work with non-Galaxy devices and soon iOS too.

Technically correct. However, there is a work-around to get the S to work with non-Samsung phones. It's online. I don't have the URL but I'm sure a Google search will find it.

moonover8

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I had no problems whatsoever getting my gear s2 to work with my pixel. Just went on the play store downloaded 'samsung gear' app and it pretty well walked me through everything ... Made me download gear plugin app during the process ... My watch is up and running now the exact same way it did with my note 7

You are very lucky as I did the exact things as you and my Pixel acknowledges it, but won't communicate with each other.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the Gear S3 today and didn't have any issues pairing with Pixel XL. While pairing the Gear app had to download a few other Samsung plugin apps before everything was setup.

RAM2012MD

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Got the Gear S3 today and didn't have any issues pairing with Pixel XL. While pairing the Gear app had to download a few other Samsung plugin apps before everything was setup.

How are the features working between the Gear S3 the Pixel XL, specifically email sync and text? I'm considering the same setup but read a few forums that had me concerned. Does Samsung pay work?

Thanks!

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Emails and texts sync over bluetooth. If you have the LTE version, texts sync (over Numbersync for AT&T) without the phone, but emails do not. Samsung pay works, although it can be finicky.

davpel

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I saw you posted on the comments section that you got your T-Mobile S3 for $260. Where did you purchase it from. The T-Mobile website lists it at $399?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante