Google Pixel - How is your battery life?

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Tap the Screen 25% line and it will give you the details.
bc59e52037079a18b5ee560b32d5db53.jpg

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Nothing is wrong with your phone in my opinion, 6 hours of SoT with 30% left while I assume doing other things with it throughout the day is outstanding.
I don't think the screen is really on for 6hrs.. It could be always on AMOLED app counting as screen on time right?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: regular pixel battery life is awesome

I have the regular one too and originally thought it was outstanding but my connectivity issues with 4g lite seem to be taking a hit on the battery as it is always searching. Hopefully this damn update comes soon

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm on my second day with the pixel. Battery life is pretty good. Had 4hr SOT yesterday with 25% remaining. Coming from droid turbo 2, it is a step back for me. If I could ever find a local XL in stock, I might be willing to try it out, but regular is quite good.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty impressed with the battery. Only had mine a few days and right now I have 44% left and have over 4-1/2 hours of SOT for today. That's with the regular Pixel on Verizon.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm on my second day with the pixel. Battery life is pretty good. Had 4hr SOT yesterday with 25% remaining. Coming from droid turbo 2, it is a step back for me. If I could ever find a local XL in stock, I might be willing to try it out, but regular is quite good.

I came from the original droid turbo and am VERY pleased with battery life.

Glad I chose the xl but really love the size of regular pixel

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty impressed with the battery. Only had mine a few days and right now I have 44% left and have over 4-1/2 hours of SOT for today. That's with the regular Pixel on Verizon.
What battery size is on the regular Pixel?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

2770 mAh, so not huge but the combo of the AMOLED screen and power saving features of Nougat do a good job making the most of it.
I just hope it stays that way and future updates don't cut into it any to shorten it

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I figure it would be a good idea to make two threads. One for Pixel owners and one for Pixel XL owners so they can share their battery stats in the respective spots :).

Pixel owners -- Sound off below!

Battery life on regular pixel is about the only standout item about this phone. I'm getting a whole day plus as i do with my S7 edge and axon 7. But the batteries in those phones are bigger. So, yes, great battery life.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I ended up with 6-1/2 hours of SOT and 30% of battery left when I finally went to bed last night. I have never gotten that kind of battery life out of my S7 edge. Edge is a great phone that I still use some but have never had over 5 hours of SOT that I can remember. I would still have around 15% of battery left too.

Biggest standout to me for the Pixel is how smooth this phone runs. I have the Pixel, S7 Edge, and an iPhone 6s. This Pixel runs smoothest of all. No stalling. No app crashes. No stuttering while scrolling. Lightning fast loading of app updates. It just does what I ask it to do.

I'm very impressed. I'm trying to get down to 1 of the 3 phones and sell the other 2. (This has been something my wife has tried to get me to do for a while...) This Pixel may be the one I keep... I am having a hard time giving up the size of the Edge though.

iPhone will probably be the first one I sell. Only thing I hate to give up on it is FaceTime. I use that occasionally with the grandkids. Other than that, iPhone does not impress me. Had the 6s since launch and have barely used it... Runs "pretty smooth" but just seems more for teenagers. Now don't get offended. If you have it and like it, keep it. Just not really for me. I like to "tinker" with my phone and iPhone stops a lot of that in my opinion. Still a good phone. Just not for me. Today.....

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
The more I use it the better it gets. The first week I thought it was terrible. The same usage, with 4-6 hrs SOT would initially use 85-90% of the battery. Now it has 50% at least with the same usage, sometimes 60%. That is 4-6 hrs SOT and unplugged for 12 hours on the average. Not gaming and minimal video playing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463