Which color?

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I got the black at VZW on pre-order. They had all 3 colors on display and in stock when I picked mine up. The blue was a great color, but I've never been a fan of white faces. When I went home and looked at my wife's white Turbo 2. I decided, I dunno, it's somehow more cheerful than my black Pixel. Making me really regret not taking the blue.

Of course, by then the blues were out of stock at the store and VZW shows shipping Dec 2. However it turns out that if you take advantage of the exchange otpiton at VZW for a back-ordered device the 14 day return clock doesn't start running until they ship the phone. So now I get to "borrow" my black one for the several weeks before my blue one comes out. And I'm gonna use a clear case. I get to use a Pixel now, and get the color I want in a few weeks.

Or, I get to have my blue cake and eat my white frosting too......

Last edited:

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Of course, by then the blues were out of stock at the store and VZW shows shipping Dec 2. However it turns out that if you take advantage of the exchange otpiton at VZW for a back-ordered device the 14 day clock doesn't stop running until they ship the phone. So now I get to "borrow" my black one for the several weeks before my blue one comes out. And I'm gonna use a clear case. I get to use a Pixel now, and get the color I want in a few weeks.

Or, I get to have my blue cake and eat my white frosting too......

NICE!!!

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Black. I originally ordered silver from the Google Store before seeing the phones in person. Then, saw them all in person at Verizon and liked the black far better. I canceled my silver and ordered the black from the Google Store. I found the white bezel to be too distracting for the display. To me, the white bezel detracted from, rather than complemented the screen. Also, the white bezel gave me the illusion that the XL screen was smaller than the black. The black bezel blended better with the display, making the screen have the illusion of looking bigger. Don't get me wrong--the silver is nice too. I just think black works with the screen better.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the Google Pixel for my next phone. Which colour would you suggest that I get, Silver or Black? Specifics about each one as well. Your experience, Looks in real person etc.

"Quite Black" all the way, remember this quote:- "Once you go black, you never turn black."

Nah, just joking, I like black, it's looks mysterious and sexy. ;)

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I went back and forth but chose Silver in the end. Screen is always on and I think it looks real good against a white faced phone. It's very high end looking too compared to boring black imo.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Didn't hesitate and preordered the blue. The 32GB only option doesn't bother me in the least. 2nd choice would have been silver. Today marks a week I've had the phone. Still lovin my Blue Pixel XL and clear Speck Presidio Candy shell which Verizon store had and I get 25% off, which is ok with this Bad Hombre © lol!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard not to get the Verizon version due to updates, there isn't bloatware on it is there? There is a wait list now for the XL model on Google's site, so I'm tempted to go buy one from vzw
There were three apps and all can be removed completely. You can also remove any of the Google stuff you don't use. Updates for the pixel will be handled like the iPhone. So updates shouldn't be an issue for any carrier. I believe Verizon has a locked bootloader maybe? But I don't care about rooting, so that's a non issue for me.

Mountain_Man

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There were three apps and all can be removed completely. You can also remove any of the Google stuff you don't use. Updates for the pixel will be handled like the iPhone. So updates shouldn't be an issue for any carrier. I believe Verizon has a locked bootloader maybe? But I don't care about rooting, so that's a non issue for me.

I don't know what the issue would be getting from Verizon. I guess it's just people being picky. I couldn't be happier with my purchase from them. No bloat, no issues.
I also went with silver. Just because I've always had a black phone. But it doesn't matter if it was green I guess, I'll have a case on it. So it doesn't really matter much to me.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok good to know. How is the size compared to the s7 edge? You had that phone correct? Reason I ask is the edge is one of the smallest 5.5" form factor phones out and I like that. Just hate the curved edge.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Didn't hesitate and preordered the blue. The 32GB only option doesn't bother me in the least. 2nd choice would have been silver. Today marks a week I've had the phone. Still lovin my Blue Pixel XL and clear Speck Presidio Candy shell which Verizon store had and I get 25% off, which is ok with this Bad Hombre © lol!

We gotta start the "Blue PiXeL Brotherhood" - that's right - we bad!

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Very jealous you've had the phone that long. Can't wait for my silver xl to come in

Never had a white phone, always black. Figured a clean interface and amazing screen is the time to try white out

My note 7 is a fingerprint and scratch magnet. Albeit I have been more clumsy with the phone since the recall as I'm not worried if I drop it anymore

Either way, having back drop that will hide fingerprints and light scratches is a big draw for me . Haven't seen either phone in person, gonna head to a Verizon store today to check out

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Very jealous you've had the phone that long. Can't wait for my silver xl to come in

Never had a white phone, always black. Figured a clean interface and amazing screen is the time to try white out

My note 7 is a fingerprint and scratch magnet. Albeit I have been more clumsy with the phone since the recall as I'm not worried if I drop it anymore

Either way, having back drop that will hide fingerprints and light scratches is a big draw for me . Haven't seen either phone in person, gonna head to a Verizon store today to check out
Every since the iPhone 4S came out in white, I've owned a white phone. The only exception was my N7 and I got the closest thing, which was the silver but was sure a fingerprint magnet. Just not a black phone fan.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok good to know. How is the size compared to the s7 edge? You had that phone correct? Reason I ask is the edge is one of the smallest 5.5" form factor phones out and I like that. Just hate the curved edge.

The XL is bigger than the S7 edge. It's like a smaller iPhone Plus size. I got the regular pixel. It's just about the perfect size for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1