Ambient Sensor

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone's phone screen come on when they get a notification with ambient sensor turned on under display settings because mine does not.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It should come on for any notification that would normally pop up on the lock screen. If it does not, one user reported that doing a factory reset fixed it.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
The actual fix is that your phone has to be "locked". I have my Gear S2 as a trusted device and my phone doesn't lock unless I restart it. Then the ambient display works. Glad I didn't do a hard reset to figure that out lol

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
The actual fix is that your phone has to be "locked". I have my Gear S2 as a trusted device and my phone doesn't lock unless I restart it. Then the ambient display works. Glad I didn't do a hard reset to figure that out lol

Wonder what other issues a hard rest fixes? Mine just has the blinking light when I get a text as of now. Hate to do a hard reset and lose all my pictures and texts again since I lost my Note 7 to send it all to it.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Wonder what other issues a hard rest fixes? Mine just has the blinking light when I get a text as of now. Hate to do a hard reset and lose all my pictures and texts again since I lost my Note 7 to send it all to it.
Do you have to unlock the phone with a pin when you restart it?

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes. it seems to be working now for some reason. Maybe I was holding my phone at the wrong angle or something. lol

Camera did a weird thing yesterday. Pinch to zoom still works but now have + and - buttons on camera screen to zoom that were not there before. Anyone else notice this? So weird...

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site

I use smart unlock, with my watch, and ambient display works fine on my standard pixel.