Assistant news feeds/my day?

Randy Spear

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
First off... the news feeds, more specifically the sports feeds are one of the coolest features for me.
1) However, when the phone is off and I say "ok google", then "play me the sports news", it gets a network error loading and then does nothing until I press try again. Is this happening to anyone else?

2) On a similar note, I'm excited about this feature but currently there are no Canadian or Local feeds to select. Is anyone aware of google's plans or timeline to add more?

3) About my day... the assistant tells me time, weather, location, and reminders but no upcoming events for the day. Has anyone been able to get the events to be read out from all their google calendars?

4) If I ask assistant who my last 5 emails are from, it only lists emails from my primary (personal) account, not my work email. Further more, I'm surprised it can't speak the last 5 senders instead of providing a visual list.

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey Randy.
For the sports news, I have the exact same thing. Have to hit try again.
I'm also in Canada-on the Telus network.
Mine does not give me upcoming events for the "my day" thing either.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First off... the news feeds, more specifically the sports feeds are one of the coolest features for me.
1) However, when the phone is off and I say "ok google", then "play me the sports news", it gets a network error loading and then does nothing until I press try again. Is this happening to anyone else?

2) On a similar note, I'm excited about this feature but currently there are no Canadian or Local feeds to select. Is anyone aware of google's plans or timeline to add more?

3) About my day... the assistant tells me time, weather, location, and reminders but no upcoming events for the day. Has anyone been able to get the events to be read out from all their google calendars?

4) If I ask assistant who my last 5 emails are from, it only lists emails from my primary (personal) account, not my work email. Further more, I'm surprised it can't speak the last 5 senders instead of providing a visual list.

I just tried this the play me sports new command and it works fine for me. I'm in the united states.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm weird. I setup my sources and ask Assistant to "Listen to the news" and it just starts up and goes. Is your internet connection slow when you ask it to do this ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan