lag while typing

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have an annoying lag while typing? It doesn't happen all of the time, but occasionally while typing a text message or on Facebook, etc., I get an lag when typing. If I exit out of the app, clear it from recent and restart it, it will go back to normal.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue and it was driving me nuts. I ended up clearing data from the keyboard app and that fixed the issue for me.

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've typed quite a bit over the last week or two with the phone and not experienced any lag using the native Google keyboard.

Could the lag issues be from a setting on the keyboard or something going on in the app at the same time you're typing?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey Neural is all I could find to take away the typing lag on my n7... I WAY out tap the speed of most keyboards.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had 0 lag, a big reason I have not switched to Swiftkey yet. On my previous phones, Swiftkey would start to lag over time. A few weeks in and Google keyboard remains super smooth.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
None for me. In fact it's one of the few phones that can keep up to my typing without any perceptible delay whatsoever.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any typing lag on this device. That is one of the main reasons I love it so much. It is completely lag free doing normal things. Even when the phone gets warm, performance doesn't seem to be affected.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have an annoying lag while typing? It doesn't happen all of the time, but occasionally while typing a text message or on Facebook, etc., I get an lag when typing. If I exit out of the app, clear it from recent and restart it, it will go back to normal.

I haven't seen that issue and I've been using my phone constantly since release day.