VZW: 20% off AND $200 trade for ANY phone

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yup, our expensive phone just got downright cheap.

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!!: Just got off phone w/Customer service...

I'm getting the 20% discount!!!! I'm returning the phone, paying the re-stock fee, and "buying a Pixel" after the return.

Seeing as we're within the 14 day exchange period since release every one of us is eligible. The confounding factor is whether you can find the phone you want (color and storage) in stock or have a back-phone to use until they can fill what you want via backorder.

Also, the trade value is $200 for current customers. $300 for new customers.

So an XL 32 (mine) costs $770 - $200 - $150 = $420.

FYI for those of you on the fence

Last edited:

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: VZW: 20% off AND $300 trade for ANY phone

I don't see this on the Verizon's website. Do you have a link to the deal you could post. I'm interested in getting the S7e. If trade in has been set at a price instead of value, then I'm in.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm. I have a Droid MAXX I have kept as a backup phone... I'm not worried about the locked bootloader, only if Verizon starts getting in the way of updates. Hmmm....

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

If I used this phone on att from Verizon would it still get the updates with an att sim card?

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

If I used this phone on att from Verizon would it still get the updates with an att sim card?

Above my paygrade. Yeah, are the updates attached to the sim or the MEID..... Looking forward to the answer.

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I was able to get customer service to find the code and apply it to my account. So I got $150 credit for the Pixel 128gb.

The exact wording of the promo is "INTERNET BARCODE OFFER 20 PERCENT OFF ANY 4G SMARTPHONE ON DPP BIC YES"

If you run through as a new customer it will work. You have to use the device payment plan. Also some people have not been able to get Verizon to honor it because they have a corporate discount. I have a corporate discount, unlimited data and also a $20 discount on both my unlimited data lines and they still honored the code.

This just made this phone totally worth it.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Man I really wish there was a way that I could take advantage of this deal, but I still owe just under 400 on my phone for another year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like they're matching the T-Mobile deal.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like they're matching the T-Mobile deal.

Wait, so the $325 off from tmobile applies to all phones like the verizon 20% off and trade in deal,not just the pixel?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yup, our expensive phone just got downright cheap.

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!!: Just got off phone w/Customer service...

I'm getting the 20% discount!!!! I'm returning the phone, paying the re-stock fee, and "buying a Pixel" after the return.

Seeing as we're within the 14 day exchange period since release every one of us is eligible. The confounding factor is whether you can find the phone you want (color and storage) in stock or have a back-phone to use until they can fill what you want via backorder.

Also, the trade value is $200 for current customers. $300 for new customers.

So an XL 32 (mine) costs $770 - $200 - $150 = $420.

FYI for those of you on the fence

how do you get $300 trade in off ANY smartphone? i only see $200 trade in value on my droid mini. granted i only paid $8 for it no contract but still...it isn't $300.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Wait, so the $325 off from tmobile applies to all phones like the verizon 20% off and trade in deal,not just the pixel?

Nope but we all know where this "deal" came from :D.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I don't see it anywhere either, but if I can get another $150 off I'll return it and rebuy.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I don't see it anywhere either, but if I can get another $150 off I'll return it and rebuy.
You need to enter the "SAVE20" code at online checkout. Or call to place the order.

Here's the report on the promo. I didn't get an email like I typically do when these are offered:

[Deal] Get 20% off a Pixel or Pixel XL from Verizon with a promo code

In practical terms it's complicated if you have the phone and want to do this. I'm not sure if the promo is only on-line. If you bought on line they can hopefully set it up for you and the return box will arrive after the new one gets to you.

If you bought in-store, it has to be returned there. Unless they can extend the discount (ie available BOTH in store and online), you better order today so that you can get your phone returned within the exchange period and have the new one in-hand--2 day shipping. The exchange period ends Thursday for those of us that bought on launch day.......

I bought in store, but customer service put notes in my account to approve the discount on the new one when I return it in-store.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

how do you get $300 trade in off ANY smartphone? i only see $200 trade in value on my droid mini. granted i only paid $8 for it no contract but still...it isn't $300.
Sorry about that. The $300 is for specific phones. Recent 1Phones, Galaxy etc.
$200 on ANY phone. I couldn't edit my title but updated the OP.

New customers get the extra $100 w/ a trade ie $400/$300 depending on the phone you're giving up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry about that. The $300 is for specific phones. Recent 1Phones, Galaxy etc.
$200 on ANY phone. I couldn't edit my title but updated the OP.

New customers get the extra $100 w/ a trade ie $400/$300 depending on the phone you're giving up.

No worries, I edited the title for you. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the Note 7. I went online to Verizon and the coupon code works for me. I get $174.00 off a Google Pixel XL. Now what do I do? It is back ordered until Dec. 9. I just hope I don't order and regret it. Why would I regret it? Because it is not a Note 7.