when I use my Verizon Pixel XL with AT&T SIM card, I can only get HSPA+ speed, is this normal?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
when I use my Verizon Pixel XL with AT&T SIM card, I can only get HSPA+ speed, is this normal? (with speed topping off only around 7mbps or 8mbps) I thought the Pixel XL was supposed to be able to pick up 4G bands on all U.S. carriers? Or what am I doing wrong? :(

Tried it with both post-paid and prepaid AT&T SIM cards from two different account.

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: when I use my Verizon Pixel XL with AT&T SIM card, I can only get HSPA+ speed, is this normal?

Ensure your APN settings are setup properly.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: when I use my Verizon Pixel XL with AT&T SIM card, I can only get HSPA+ speed, is this normal?

Ensure your APN settings are setup properly.

All I did was inserting the AT&T sim card into the Verizon Pixel XL and it just worked. Was I supposed to add/change APN settings? If so, how do I do it to get it to pick up AT&T 4G? (instead of just maxing out at 8mbps on AT&T HSPA+)

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

All I did was inserting the AT&T sim card into the Verizon Pixel XL and it just worked. Was I supposed to add/change APN settings? If so, how do I do it to get it to pick up AT&T 4G? (instead of just maxing out at 8mbps on AT&T HSPA+)

Thanks!

Go here and then go down to "Android Devices" --- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ml%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKB424489&token=o3o0EkFB

Ensure those are setup right. Also are you using AT&T or their Cricket service?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

Go here and then go down to "Android Devices" --- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ml%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKB424489&token=lGjbAwHV

Ensure those are setup right. Also are you using AT&T or their Cricket service?

never mind, I just found out the reason.... the 4G signal must be bad around my home. Took the Verizon Pixel XL to the offer a couple of hours ago and it had no problem picking up AT&T 4G signal. Still didn't need to add any APN settings. Speed was decent enough at 14mbps to 17mbps.(faster near the office window, obviously)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

never mind, I just found out the reason.... the 4G signal must be bad around my home. Took the Verizon Pixel XL to the offer a couple of hours ago and it had no problem picking up AT&T 4G signal. Still didn't need to add any APN settings. Speed was decent enough at 14mbps to 17mbps.(faster near the office window, obviously)

Ah okay :). APN settings was just a suggestion because they *should* populate from the SIM card but I have seen cases where they do not and sometimes require a manual program :).