Cubs fan putting his Pixel in a clear plastic bag in the rain at last night's World Series game.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That happens in every sport for any team. Personally it's never bothered me.. more people to party with I guess. They can move on to the next shiny thing and I'll still be here. Now I just need Da Bears to turn it around.

Da bears won't turn anything around anytime soon. Cutlers gotta go. And then start fresh.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Da bears won't turn anything around anytime soon. Cutlers gotta go. And then start fresh.

Yeah, maybe. I've always liked him though, and to be honest, the dudes been sacked like 1.2 million times. We haven't had a great O-Line forever. You saw Monday night how horrible Bradford looked because their line was so rotten.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can see people still being extra careful with it even though it could take a little rain. I have seen some of the dunk test videos on youtube and while it wouldn't be something you want to do purposely, it does seem it can handle some water without any issue, at least not immediate issues.

That may be, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
That may be, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I'm just gonna get one of these "DryCase" waterproof armbands, just in case.
Does anybody have experience with this? Seems like it's even okay to bring
a phone into the swimming pool? Even their earbuds are apparently waterproof!
DC-DB12-4.jpg

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That happens in every sport for any team. Personally it's never bothered me.. more people to party with I guess. They can move on to the next shiny thing and I'll still be here. Now I just need Da Bears to turn it around.

I'm just barely old enough to remember the '85 Bears (I can remember my dad recording the "super bowl shuffle" off the radio onto a cassette tape). So all 5 major sports teams in Chicago have now won a championship in my lifetime. I feel pretty good now.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm a lifelong Cub fan in Southern Illinois where the Cardinals are pretty much king. This was probably the most stressful three-plus weeks of my life. I can finally get these punks to stop with the "1908" chants. I don't mind the bandwagon fans. It's always easier to like your team when they're good. I still rooted for them when they were losing 100 games, but you can bet your ascot I wasn't about ready to have a heart attack watching a game in September for those teams like I was Wednesday night!! I agree on Da Bears, but man they turrible. They NEED a TON of work!

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a lifelong Cub fan in Southern Illinois where the Cardinals are pretty much king. This was probably the most stressful three-plus weeks of my life. I can finally get these punks to stop with the "1908" chants. I don't mind the bandwagon fans. It's always easier to like your team when they're good. I still rooted for them when they were losing 100 games, but you can bet your ascot I wasn't about ready to have a heart attack watching a game in September for those teams like I was Wednesday night!! I agree on Da Bears, but man they turrible. They NEED a TON of work!

It was so stressful. I don't know how man times the phrase "maybe next year" popped into my head for each of the three series.. We've been trained for that... but not this year.. not this team. It still really hasn't sunk in.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
It was so stressful. I don't know how man times the phrase "maybe next year" popped into my head for each of the three series.. We've been trained for that... but not this year.. not this team. It still really hasn't sunk in.

I just hope the Cubs won't have to wait until 2124 to win another World Series.
(so I won't have to subject myself to cryogenic freezing and thawing in 2124
in order to watch it)