Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

JihadJoe

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

My wife had the issue on her Pixel, but my Pixel XL has been working fine. She tried enabling WiFi calling and that has seemed to work.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

I've now had 2 people say they have tried to call me and the calls aren't going through. I hope it is a fluke because I can't have that owning a business

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like she had a bad signal that couldn't hold on. WiFi calling to the rescue! :).

mkraft3003

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem and unfortunately just returned mine. I dropped calls where I never dropped them on my note 7, had a number of times where it wouldn't connect to the network and had issues with the phone freezing while answering call waiting. The phone signal was consistently lower than my wife's and co-workers phones on Verizon (about 5 dbm). I loved the form factor, speed and camera but the signal strength was a deal breaker for me.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

So I am currently in the testing stage on my ticket with Verizon. I have had dropped calls, or only one side can hear the other, then they hang up. DBMS are terrible. I downloaded signal check lite and even with the signal unchanged i have issues so I am not sure what's up. This time tomorrow I will see where it's at.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

See this is why I never buy any phone the second it comes out. I'm interested to see if anyone else is dropping calls. I've been with Verizon for years and never have any dropped calls.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Keeping an eye in this before I pull the trigger. Never drop calls on my Note5.

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Update, did a factory reset at the request of Google (who was phoned by Verizon tech support). Since the reset i havnt had any dropped calls but short survey time. Ill update again in a day or two.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

See this is why I never buy any phone the second it comes out. I'm interested to see if anyone else is dropping calls. I've been with Verizon for years and never have any dropped calls.

Keeping an eye in this before I pull the trigger. Never drop calls on my Note5.

Being safe isn't a bad thing but remember -- you possibly don't live where they do. Your area may be great hence no dropped calls whereas others may get weaker signal in areas. That is why I wondered why Verizon scoffed at WiFi calling in the past but knew they would implement it since sometimes you just can't get a cell signal some places and WiFi may be available.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I've now had 2 people say they have tried to call me and the calls aren't going through. I hope it is a fluke because I can't have that owning a business

Reset your network settings and restart your phone.

When I first got mine calls wouldn't go through our connect either, but after doing the above everything works flawlessly

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

No dropped calls, Verizon. Wifi calling ok sometmes but not all the time so mostly don't use wifi calling.

athompson99

May 20, 2011
Visit site

How did you get wifi calling to work and how do you know it's working? I can't get mine to work. Thanks.

jeffvb9

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Did your dropped calls get any better?

I am having the same issues....dropped calls, other side cant hear me.

I have enabled wifi calling and reset my network settings....