low call volume

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My pixel xl is by far the best phone I have ever used. The only problem that I have is the extremely low call volume on both the headset and speaker phone. In fact if there is any external noises in the area I have to put the call on speaker phone and hold it up to my ear, because the headset is useless. Even then the speaker phone is very quiet. What I don't get is the speaker is plenty loud when listening to music. But on the phone call it is so quiet.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on T-Mobile and I have the same issue hearing depending on background noise. Is it on by default or how do I enable this?
From my understanding is that T-mobile and Verizon utilizes HD Voice by default and nothing to enable but I'm not 100% since I'm on AT&T.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Man the number of excuses I see for this issue is ridiculous. It's not the carrier's fault that Google went with an anemic speaker.

HD voice or not, other phones don't have this issue.

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Man the number of excuses I see for this issue is ridiculous. It's not the carrier's fault that Google went with an anemic speaker.

HD voice or not, other phones don't have this issue.

It's NOT the phone! I have a Pixel XL on Verizon and my wife has a Verizon Pixel using an AT&T sim and mine with the Verizon sim is much louder on voice calls and speakerphone. My guess is the Pixel isn't officially in the AT&T system meaning all features aren't supported yet.. Other than the voice issue, the AT&T sim has worked great.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on AT&T. I have been mocked on this forum for bringing this up. Nice to see I am not the only one. I hope AT&T becomes an official Pixel carrier so I can go in and find out what the problem is.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here on AT&T. I have been mocked on this forum for bringing this up. Nice to see I am not the only one. I hope AT&T becomes an official Pixel carrier so I can go in and find out what the problem is.

I'd return it in a heart beat. Calling is the important part of the phone plus being close to 1k

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd return it in a heart beat. Calling is the important part of the phone plus being close to 1k

Return it for what - another Pixel? I think it is an AT&T problem. Actually, most people hardly make any phone calls at all. I know some people that have never made a call with their phone. In any case, it's usable, just not ideal. I'm going to do a test with a VOIP call.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Return it for what - another Pixel? I think it is an AT&T problem. Actually, most people hardly make any phone calls at all. I know some people that have never made a call with their phone. In any case, it's usable, just not ideal. I'm going to do a test with a VOIP call.
Your call man. If you're okay with paying almost $1,000 US and hardly being able to hear on phone calls, it's your money at the end of the day.

If you don't make a lot of calls, then it might just work for you.

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm on Verizon and can't hear anybody. I got so fed up with it since I'm in the minority and actually use my phone as a phone and not just a pocket computer. I called Verizon today and spoke to a rep who said he had had a lot of people already exchange their phone for either another pixel or something else due to the same problem. He said I was his third one today. So that's what I did...I swapped it out or for an iPhone 7 plus... It will be here Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC