leaving the Nexus 6p is hard

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My pixel xl will probably ship this week but iam kinda having second thoughts becuase the 6p is one of the best phones I have ever owned. It's still a great phone and owned it for 9 months. It's alot of money too.

I guess I'll play with it for the return period and see if it's something i want. I could see myself with the Nexus 6p until next pixel release

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The battery problems on nougat has made it an easy transition for me. Can't wait to not have to carry a charger like when I got it.

Same, that was a big reason I had to jump ship from the 6P. The battery life got to be terrible, could barely squeak out 2 hours sot and wouldn't even make it through my whole day.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Same, that was a big reason I had to jump ship from the 6P. The battery life got to be terrible, could barely squeak out 2 hours sot and wouldn't even make it through my whole day.

Wow! My battery life got better on 7.0 Actually when I sold it, I had 7.1.1 on the beta program. But I hated to part company with it also...

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I messing around with the Pixel this am waiting for a store to open - my 1st real long time use - I was surprised at the battery use - much more than I expected.

May have to put the sim in the Z Force - that thing will jump start my pick up - :D

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After being an Android Fanboy since 2008, and owning multiple flagships per year since then, the Nexus 6P was the best device i had ever owned up to that point; not to mention, it was probably the best priced device ever for what it had.

That being said, I was so off-put by Google's pricing with Pixel given the feature set that it had, that I jumped shipped and picked up a 256GB iPhone 7 plus.

It's outstanding, and makes every other phone I've ever used seem like a toy. I couldn't be happier.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I still have my 6p even though I purchased the Pixel on Oct 4th.
Yes,, I agree the 6p is still a good phone. My 6p running 7.1.1 (beta) battery life hasn't taken a hit, but its been on WiFi's more
But the Pixel has been great also, had almost 2 weeks now.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
After being an Android Fanboy since 2008, and owning multiple flagships per year since then, the Nexus 6P was the best device i had ever owned up to that point; not to mention, it was probably the best priced device ever for what it had.

That being said, I was so off-put by Google's pricing with Pixel given the feature set that it had, that I jumped shipped and picked up a 256GB iPhone 7 plus.

It's outstanding, and makes every other phone I've ever used seem like a toy. I couldn't be happier.

So you bought a phone that's $300 more expensive? Strange logic.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

So your turn off by the pricing of the Pixel yet the iPhone price is right for you. Bye bye..

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So you bought a phone that's $300 more expensive? Strange logic.

The high end pixel XL 128GB is $869. The 256 GB iPhone 7 plus was $969. That price difference is moot, if you ask me.

I was so happy with the 6P at $499, and when I wasn't blown away at the improvements between the 6P and the Pixel enough to justify the price difference I came to a crossroads.

I didn't feel comfortable paying basically a current generation iPhone price for a first generation pixel experiment.

That's all. No hard feelings. Just a change

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using the 6P now as a loaner phone.... While it is not a bad phone by any means it definitely doesn't stack up to my Pixel. No doubt the Pixel is what I want to use.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
The high end pixel XL 128GB is $869. The 256 GB iPhone 7 plus was $969. That price difference is moot, if you ask me.

I was so happy with the 6P at $499, and when I wasn't blown away at the improvements between the 6P and the Pixel enough to justify the price difference I came to a crossroads.

I didn't feel comfortable paying basically a current generation iPhone price for a first generation pixel experiment.

That's all. No hard feelings. Just a change

Firstly... While it's the first phone with pixel name, it's not the first google phone... Nor is it the first pixel. It's just as high end a device as any other flagship. 6p was just priced low. The pixel is priced like all other flagships. The iPhone imho it's not better in any way.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm not trying to bust on you for jumping ship, but considering you are an "Android Fanboy" for 8 years strong, I'd be curious as to whether your opinion of the iPhone 7 Changes within a Year and a major iOS update from now.

Years ago after my Galaxy Nexus I jumped to an iPhone 5 when it was released, to try a new OS and to try and better fit in with my work environment. The honeymoon phase lasted about 3 months, after which I wanted to do no more than throw it out a window. Endured another 12 months with it and switched back to Android as soon as i could.

Some people can switch like that. I hated it. But YMMV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463