read this if you pre ordered Verizon for the vr

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So if you did the Verizon preorder. And got the black 128 regular or xl you are NOT valid for the free vr promo. I just got off the phone with the rebate center and I had a witness to this is what they told me. I am livid. I'm having it sent to management and calling higher ups in the customer chain.
Apparently the only way to see it, is after you buy the phone and put in the Google code to submit. No where is it listed before you purchase the phone. I feel like I've been had. I understand if it was listed somewhere I could read before I pre ordered. It would be my negligence.

Check your rebates.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So if you did the Verizon preorder. And got the black 128 regular or xl you are NOT valid for the free vr promo. I just got off the phone with the rebate center and I had a witness to this is what they told me. I am livid. I'm having it sent to management and calling higher ups in the customer chain.
Apparently the only way to see it, is after you buy the phone and put in the Google code to submit. No where is it listed before you purchase the phone. I feel like I've been had. I understand if it was listed somewhere I could read before I pre ordered. It would be my negligence.

Check your rebates.

Why would this be? were they not available for pre-order? Did you get a replacement device shipped to you after release day and they are looking at the replacement's ship date?

Sound like the rebate center is duping you.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a new phone from preorder. My husband still had yet to receive his 128 black xl. The only way to tell if the phone was eligible for the vr is AFTER you buy the phone, put in the code Google gift and send a picture of your purchase receipt.
There, I am told is a tiny box marked eligble phones, to click to see the list of phones. The only exclusions is the black 128 either size.
To exclude a phone because of a color is just beyond me. I would understand if it was only for XL or 128. If this was listed somewhere before I made my order I would have gotten a silver phone.
I had the Verizon rep listen with me ( at the store) and he was also surprised.

They called their upper management and they are going to credit us for the two vr headsets.

Just a pain all around. But I am happy they are making good on it. I know I won't be the only one who did preorder on a black pixel for the vr.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a new phone from preorder. My husband still had yet to receive his 128 black xl. The only way to tell if the phone was eligible for the vr is AFTER you buy the phone, put in the code Google gift and send a picture of your purchase receipt.
There, I am told is a tiny box marked eligble phones, to click to see the list of phones. The only exclusions is the black 128 either size.
To exclude a phone because of a color is just beyond me. I would understand if it was only for XL or 128. If this was listed somewhere before I made my order I would have gotten a silver phone.
I had the Verizon rep listen with me ( at the store) and he was also surprised.

They called their upper management and they are going to credit us for the two vr headsets.

Just a pain all around. But I am happy they are making good on it. I know I won't be the only one who did preorder on a black pixel for the vr.

Yeah that sounds like an error on Verizon's side. Sounds like they forgot to add the black 128 to the rebate site. Good that you got it sorted!

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I can only hope my complaining got it fixed in the system. Doubt it could be that fast lol. Hopefully it works for my husband's when it comes in.

Gefecht

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
My rebate was confirmed on Oct 31st. Just waiting on shipping. I preordered the Black 128gig XL. I think someone had too many helpings of happy juice and told you wrong.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my pixel xl 128 black on 10-11, received it on the 19th, put vr rebate order in on the 19, processed accepted on the 31st( even though it had been listed as accepted before that) and now just waiting for it to ship. Said within 2 weeks. If I haven heard anything after 31 days to call.

I am hoping to save shipping and processing, they are mailing a free daydream vr coupon I can redeem instore and walk out on or around 11-10.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Verizon just called me and the vr is being shipped to me. I was the first of a flood of calls with the same issue. They are working on fixing it. If you have your rebate denied be sure to give a CS rep a call. Very happy with the quick resolution. 😀

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just called me and the vr is being shipped to me. I was the first of a flood of calls with the same issue. They are working on fixing it. If you have your rebate denied be sure to give a CS rep a call. Very happy with the quick resolution. 😀

Glad they took care of you and sorry you had to deal with it.

maaron1300

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm still confused by this. I preordered my silver xl from Verizon. Haven't seen an email or anything yet. Do I go to Verizon's website or Google's website to get the daydream? And is it "Google gift" that you out in the coupon code box? (I got my phone in the mail around October 20th or so)

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm still confused by this. I preordered my silver xl from Verizon. Haven't seen an email or anything yet. Do I go to Verizon's website or Google's website to get the daydream? And is it "Google gift" that you out in the coupon code box? (I got my phone in the mail around October 20th or so)

I think the site is Yourwirelessrebatecenter.com. You will have to upload pics of your receipt and the box the Pixel came in. The code is GoogleGift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol