Get Motorola's Active Display Features on Your Pixel or Nexus

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone unlocked, is it works best with gravity that way. With Ambi Turner, if I lock my phone will I then have to unlock it to see the notifications?

Not to see the notifications, but to get into the phone -- maybe. I cannot test because I have Device Managment software from work that prevent no locking. The locking has close to no impact on me because I am always have a BT device connected for smartlock. This way I can pick up the phone, then just swipe to unlock it.

As I think about it, if your not locked at all, your phone should behave fine. The time to lock is an Ambient Display issue, not an Ambi-Turner issue.

If you are up in the air, download and give it a try. You can get a sense of how well it will work for free. I want the Breathing function, so I will get the pro once I am convinced battery is not an issue.

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rejoice! Droid active display features on your Pixel (XL)

Damn other page. hadn't seen anything on this the past few days and it popped up. Late to the party as usual! :p

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've got the paid versions of both gravity and Ambi Turner. I'm liking gravity a bit better, it seems more responsive. It doesn't have the breathe function but I find I pick up my phone anyway and it seems to react better to move than Ambi Turner.

I'm sure that between these two apps most everybody will find one of them very suitable for their needs

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the paid versions of both gravity and Ambi Turner. I'm liking gravity a bit better, it seems more responsive. It doesn't have the breathe function but I find I pick up my phone anyway and it seems to react better to move than Ambi Turner.

I'm sure that between these two apps most everybody will find one of them very suitable for their needs

I have not played with gravity. How has it impacted your battery? Was it easy to set up? (It looked like it had a lot of settings.)

I agree Ambi is a little slow to light up on lifting. Hopefully the developer will fix that.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
pretty easy to set up, there were lots of various on off settings. Pretty easy to set up, there were lots of various on/off settings what to do. Doesn't seem to have much impact on my battery. I had lots of Google survey Point credits so I didn't mind paying for the unlocked version, but I don't remember which feature is that included

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Not one to add apps too often, as my Pixel does what I need it to do, still I was curious about these features and bought Ambi-Turner. I find it to be excellent. I can't detect any drain on battery whatsoever.

Got a few questions if I may:

- What are the main differences between Ambi-Turner and Gravity?
- In Ambi-Turner, has anyone found a use for "Pulse"? I'd be curious to find a practical use for that feature.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not one to add apps too often, as my Pixel does what I need it to do, still I was curious about these features and bought Ambi-Turner. I find it to be excellent. I can't detect any drain on battery whatsoever.

Got a few questions if I may:

- What are the main differences between Ambi-Turner and Gravity?
- In Ambi-Turner, has anyone found a use for "Pulse"? I'd be curious to find a practical use for that feature.
I'm getting ready to buy. Is pulse the feature that keeps notifications flashing on the screen until you acknowledge them? That was the great feature on the Moto phones.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Gator,
I think that may be it. When I saw it on the Setting screen, I couldn't make sense of it.
Wasn't sure that I could see the utility of having my phone routinely waking-up to display notifications when I am not likely to be looking at it.
It seems more practical for me to pick up my phone with the intention to see notifications. I am really liking this feature, btw. Very handy.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It seems more practical for me to pick up my phone with the intention to see notifications. I am really liking this feature, btw. Very handy.

I thought I would miss the pulse feature also. But I found that I usually pick up my phone to look at it anyway, and the gravity app is working wonderfully

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would miss the pulse feature also. But I found that I usually pick up my phone to look at it anyway, and the gravity app is working wonderfully

I don't pick it up if the notification is not interesting, I just swipe it away. I mean, its not saving me tons of work or anything, but nice to not have to pick it up every time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay