Verizon Pixel XL Nougat Updates

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Can anyone here who is using a Verizon version Pixel or Pixel XL on another network tell me if they received the latest Nougat update? I am looking at purchasing a VZW version and using on T-Mobile, but I want to be sure I am able to receive updates.

Thanks!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Why not just buy the unlocked one from Best Buy or direct from Google?

Best Buy does not sell an unlocked version they sell the Verizon version which is unlocked. Verizon is running a buy one get one 50% off so I was looking to take advantage of that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Can anyone here who is using a Verizon version Pixel or Pixel XL on another network tell me if they received the latest Nougat update? I am looking at purchasing a VZW version and using on T-Mobile, but I want to be sure I am able to receive updates.

Thanks!

Yes, people are getting updates with other carrier's Sim cards on the Verizon version. I have exactly the setup you will, a T-Mobile card on a Verizon phone from Best Buy and even when I didn't get the OTA update the Sangre day (Monday) and because of that I just sideloaded it people with same setup began receiving it the next day, Tuesday and Wednesday.

So you won't have issues and in worst case scenario that you don't get the OTA directly to your phone for some reason, you can just download the OTA image and sideload it following Google's easy instructions. Me? Next time I'll wait until I get it OTA as I want to see how it does it.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, people are getting updates with other carrier's Sim cards on the Verizon version. I have exactly the setup you will, a T-Mobile card on a Verizon phone from Best Buy and even when I didn't get the OTA update the Sangre day (Monday) and because of that I just sideloaded it people with same setup began receiving it the next day, Tuesday and Wednesday.

So you won't have issues and in worst case scenario that you don't get the OTA directly to your phone for some reason, you can just download the OTA image and sideload it following Google's easy instructions. Me? Next time I'll wait until I get it OTA as I want to see how it does it.

Thank you for the information!

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy does not sell an unlocked version they sell the Verizon version which is unlocked. Verizon is running a buy one get one 50% off so I was looking to take advantage of that.

I'm really surprised Verizon is offering 50% off without some kind of agreement to maintain service through them for a certain amount of time.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks!

Get the phone. It's awesome. I have the Pixel XL on Verizon and got the latest update 2 days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12