Leaving Samsung?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: leaving samsung

I Tested it on my friends Pixel XL. It was like using my S-Pen. Works great with Evernote and One Note. I wish the Pixel could get S-Note but that is a Samsung App. My friend uses the pen the same way I do for electronic Signatures and credit card transactions it worked fine. He is the reason I purchased it. I am still waiting for my Pixel XL to arrive.

Good to know, thanks. Hope you get your XL soon - pretty sure you'll find it's worth the wait!

Looks like that is about the most reasonable price on Amazon (the same stylus is available in black at the same price - which I'd prefer - but doesn't include the replacement tips, for any who'd be interested).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Good to know, thanks. Hope you get your XL soon - pretty sure you'll find it's worth the wait!

Looks like that is about the most reasonable price on Amazon (the same stylus is available in black at the same price - which I'd prefer - but doesn't include the replacement tips, for any who'd be interested).
That is why I purchased it will probably purchased a better pen after the holidays.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I Tested it on my friends Pixel XL. It was like using my S-Pen. Works great with Evernote and One Note. I wish the Pixel could get S-Note but that is a Samsung App. My friend uses the pen the same way I do for electronic Signatures and credit card transactions it worked fine. He is the reason I purchased it. I am still waiting for my Pixel XL to arrive.

You can try installing the APK as a system app (with root) to see if it would work..

Samsung Uploads S Note App Into The Play Store To Provide Future Updates [APK Download]

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I came from s4, Note 4, Note 7 (2) - I went to Moto Z Force - did not like it, then to S7e - did NOT like it to the Pixel XL.... If Google comes out with a 5.7" and a good stylus - I won't go back....

This phone is super fast - fast charging, no lag, wonderful camera etc.... I LOVE that it does NOT have all the bloatware. With apps, you can make it do whatever you want.... pretty much. I love gravity - don't use fingerprint scanner...

Here are stylus I have tried -

Intuos Creative 2 Stylus works fine, but is kind of high at $80 - plus it does not have a pocket clip on it.... afraid to lose it I also want 2 pens
Bamboo Solo works fine for writing but occassional glitchy when tapping (bluetooth one would work better for that reason)
Platinum Stylus (best buy) is ok - but I prefer the solo
I did try an adonit (one with disc) in the store - I did NOT like it...

I have a Stilo coming tomorrow - I will let you all know of my experience with it....

Another note on stylus - how it works, depends on how you write. You need to hold the pens more vertical. I use a stylus all the time - so that is why I am researching them. I just wish you could find them more locally....

cold spring

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes that's too bad about stylus. Nothing out there beats S-pen on Galaxy Note series. That said, Samsung lost me since Note 4 due to their ditching removable battery, SD card slot and IR blaster on S6/Note 5. Not that it matters to me but it looks like Samsung will ape Apple and ditch headphone jack in S8/Note 8 also. It seems like Samsung loves to ditch more and more features to make their phones nice and shiny. Too bad LG doesn't have a built in wacom type stylus on V20, that would have made it a great Note 7 alternative.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor on the back is a real pain. I hate that placement. So much bezel room on the front why not use it?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had the s7 edge since launch. I never loved the curved display, but the regular s7 battery was not good enough for me to use it so I had no choice but to go with the edge. All the features that the edge has and I find myself enjoying the simplicity of the pixel more and more everyday I use it. I pop my sim in and out of the s7 edge from time to time, but I always go back to the pixel as my daily driver. The amoled screen is extremely impressive. We all know Samsung makes the nicest super amoled displays, but the pixel is right there behind them. I am really impressed. Also super impressed with the battery life, the standby time is incredible where as on my s7 edge the standby time is horrific. I am not a heavy user and my battery would drain on the edge just from sitting on my desk at work. Nougat's doze feature on the pixel works extremely well. The pixel hardware design has grown on me and I don't mind it at all now, it is actually nice not touching any capacitive buttons on the bezels like I did on the edge. Fingerprint sensor on the back of the pixel is not my favorite but you really do get used to it.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have an s7 proper alongside my pixel and even after a reset with nothing on the on the phone the pixel kills the s7 in speed. With all the hardware advantages that my s7 has, I simply dislike using it compared to the pixel. The perfect device would be an s7 running as quick as the pixel. The performance alone makes me pick the pixel over the sammy. To me it outweighs the missing features. And speaking as an ex s6e, note5, s7e, note7, s7 user (in that order) it says A LOT.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an s7 proper alongside my pixel and even after a reset with nothing on the on the phone the pixel kills the s7 in speed. With all the hardware advantages that my s7 has, I simply dislike using it compared to the pixel. The perfect device would be an s7 running as quick as the pixel. The performance alone makes me pick the pixel over the sammy. To me it outweighs the missing features. And speaking as an ex s6e, note5, s7e, note7, s7 user (in that order) it says A LOT.

The s7 is older by 7 months. The s8 will come out with updated specs and features. If the Pixel still seems like the better choice then, that's different . But i'd wait until we see what the 2017 S8 is like. Otherwise you might be kicking yourself if everyone is raving about the new s8.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The s7 is older by 7 months. The s8 will come out with updated specs and features. If the Pixel still seems like the better choice then, that's different . But i'd wait until we see what the 2017 S8 is like. Otherwise you might be kicking yourself if everyone is raving about the new s8.

I agree with this but there is always a better phone in the horizon...if you keep waiting for the better phone you will never get a better phone.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I have jump on demand with T-Mobile. So I'll have the s8 when it comes out regardless. I'll let you know how it is in comparison. Wild guess here, but I'm sure it will still be slower. Unless Samsung completely cleans up TouchWiz.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's because Samsung didn't optimise their SD version. And since they are going to go full exynos in 2018 they very well may not optimise the SD s8 either. The exynos one has shown to be faster and have better battery life. Although the elements of Samsung's ui that make it look less fluid in transitions is still there, even if it is faster than the pixel (according to speed tests at least).

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Being fast doesn't outweigh the missing features, imo, particularly since it's a huge hassle and a risk for problems trying to use 3rd party apps to get those functions/features back.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Being fast doesn't outweigh the missing features, imo, particularly since it's a huge hassle and a risk for problems trying to use 3rd party apps to get those functions/features back.

Except for the people who don't use most of those features. It's one of those "matters to some people but not everyone" kind of things.

real0395

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to potentially get a new phone. I am considering android, but have never used android in the past. I was looking at the google pixel, but see a lot of comparisons to samsung galaxy Sx phones. I see a lot of comments that the pixel is missing features compared to the Sx phones, but could someone be more specific of what those missing features are since I am not an android user?

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I went back and forth for awhile on which phone I was going to get (after the Note 7 mess...loved that phone!). Finally decided on the S7E over the Pixel. I knew I was a Samsung fan, so I figured it was the safe choice. I'd also had the Edge as my temporary phone after the first exchange of the Note 7. However, I just kept reading about the Pixel, and finally decided I wanted to give it a try. I do miss wireless charging and Samsung Pay, but otherwise, I really like the Pixel a lot. I thought I would be annoyed by the fingerprint sensor on the back, but I actually like it. Even though the Edge was a great phone, I'm glad I made the switch. I think I was ready for something different...at least until the Note 8 comes out. ;-)