Android Auto users?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a pixel and had to send it back because my phone went crazy with texts and Android Auto. Every time I'd get the first message in my truck, ALL the messages I recieved away from the vehicle would constantly chime until I cycled through every single one! Very annoying. I know it's the phone because I had an honor 8 and now I'm using a Sony x compact, and neither of those has the issue. I believe there has been an update recently so I'm trying to figure out if this problem has been addressed? I remember reading a few others that have had issues with Android auto so let me know.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Which unit are you using? I've seen more posts about this with after market installed units rather than one that came with the car.

I'm curious because I have it in my Chevy Spark standard. Waiting for the Pixel XL but currently using a 6P.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Which unit are you using? I've seen more posts about this with after market installed units rather than one that came with the car.

I'm curious because I have it in my Chevy Spark standard. Waiting for the Pixel XL but currently using a 6P.

Unit is on the 2017 civic touring

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a pixel and had to send it back because my phone went crazy with texts and Android Auto. Every time I'd get the first message in my truck, ALL the messages I recieved away from the vehicle would constantly chime until I cycled through every single one! Very annoying. I know it's the phone because I had an honor 8 and now I'm using a Sony x compact, and neither of those has the issue. I believe there has been an update recently so I'm trying to figure out if this problem has been addressed? I remember reading a few others that have had issues with Android auto so let me know.

Seems to be an issue with 7.1, not the phone itself, and isn't connected to having A A installed.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Unit is on the 2017 civic touring
It's screwy with my 16 Accord. Try this and tell me your results. Plug the phone in AA before you ever push the start button to start car. Proceed to start the car. Once you can access the main touchscreen on the car, press the phone icon on touchscreen and dial any number with the touchscreen. I dial 611. Once it starts ringing in the speakers, hang up. See if it functions correctly after that.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

It's a 2016 GMC Caynon with the stock monitor unit

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be able to report my results in a couple of days with my Chevy Spark as I finally received my shipping notice. I've not had any problems with my 6P.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm missing the pixel so I ordered a black 32gb. I'm hoping In a month when it ships they will have a software fix for the Bluetooth issue.

WillyBean12

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I ran Android Auto on my Pixel XL on a 2017 Ford Mustang with no problems. It ran beautifully. I love the iHeart radio apps for Android Auto especially.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's screwy with my 16 Accord. Try this and tell me your results. Plug the phone in AA before you ever push the start button to start car. Proceed to start the car. Once you can access the main touchscreen on the car, press the phone icon on touchscreen and dial any number with the touchscreen. I dial 611. Once it starts ringing in the speakers, hang up. See if it functions correctly after that.

yes, it works property.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Not having any issues with my 2016 Chevy Spark, but I've only been using it for 1 day. Working better than my 6P did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol