Battery percentage icon

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When I hold the gear icon for 5 seconds I can't get it to bring up the menu to load the battery percentage icon. I already have it in developer mode. What am I doing wrong.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You should be looking for the "System UI Tuner" in the settings menu after enabling it as you described. It will be at or close to the bottom of the menu.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The battery icon that you can get by going into the System UI is tiny and very hard to read on the upper right side. You should get the Battery app in the play store. It gives you a nice much larger percentage in white lettering on the upper left side of your upper task bar. I never even look at the other one anymore.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I concur. The percentage numbers inside the icon are mostly not readable. Grab a widget pack, or something, to cover the gap. I use Beautiful widgets- it has a battery widget with more styles than needed, a vibration toggle which this phone also needs, and various sized clocks to put where you need them. Other stuff too, but the vibration toggle and battery widget I both added to cover their lack.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My favorite widget, and it shows the battery percentage and goes right to the battery stats when you tap the percentage.

Attachments

• 2226.jpg
    2226.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 128

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I never understood this battery percentage obsession. The number itself is a gross estimation at best, and is extremely inaccurate at the high and low ends. The little colored icon gives you about as much useable information.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the System UI look no problems reading it. I even stop using Battery Widget Reborn because of it.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I never understood this battery percentage obsession. The number itself is a gross estimation at best, and is extremely inaccurate at the high and low ends. The little colored icon gives you about as much useable information.

I used to crave it, then realized it gave me more battery anxiety than anything. :p

Now I just charge aggressively any chance I get even if I'm not under 50%, easily the best way to not fret about battery, just be opportunistic about it... Granted that was easier with several wireless chargers around the house.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I used to crave it, then realized it gave me more battery anxiety than anything. :p

Now I just charge aggressively any chance I get even if I'm not under 50%, easily the best way to not fret about battery, just be opportunistic about it... Granted that was easier with several wireless chargers around the house.

Me too. %=anxiety and a need to figure out why I dropped 2% in 12 minutes.