That 1 speaker is pretty damn good.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
hTc spoiled me and question why stick with just one speaker, even Apple moved on and added another one.

Not necessarily attacking Google, again I'm sure we'll get all the bell & whistle on the next Pixel but what about Samsung, LG, OnePlus, etc.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just saying.

It sucks, just another reason why I feel the pixel price is out of whack. The ZTE axon 7 and axon 7 mini have dolby atmos, hifi dac, and the big A7, is almost as fast has just as good build quality, and a whole lot more. I carry it as my main phone. Not the pixel.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
The Pixel speaker is nothing spectacular, but it's plenty good enough for anything I care to use a phone speaker for. I certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice anything else in the phone for better speakers.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't necessarily go to quality, but the volume of the speaker is definitely lower, at least lower than the Note 4 I had been using. I moved the notification sounds for a couple of email accounts from the old phone to the Pixel. I ended up having to amplify the .ogg files by a few dB to get them to the same volume level as I'd had on my old phone.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
"It sucks"
"It rocks"

All a matter of perspective. Anyone expecting it to generally equal or outperform a dual-speaker setup is going to be disappointed. Versus other single-speaker devices, it's lesser volume than some, more than some.

Coming from a Nexus 6 with 2 speakers, it's a step back in volume, but I find the audio quality to still be very good. I still can't fathom why they didn't go with a stereo front speaker setup as that's what they'd negotiated with the prior two Nexus flagships, and they certainly have the space (the bezels on the XL are actually larger than those of the Nexus 6!), but I can live with it as it's fully loud enough for speakerphone purposes or listening to music, etc.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's the best speaker for a phone with a single speaker. I bet next year's phone will have a similar setup to the HTC 10. If that happens then it will make the phone that much better.

Stack697

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't necessarily go to quality, but the volume of the speaker is definitely lower, at least lower than the Note 4 I had been using. I moved the notification sounds for a couple of email accounts from the old phone to the Pixel. I ended up having to amplify the .ogg files by a few dB to get them to the same volume level as I'd had on my old phone.

I absolutely agree, the sound quality of the speaker is good but the max volume is significantly lower than both my retired 1st & 2nd gen Moto X's

bonnie100th

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I totally disagree with that, in fact it's the only feature that it really lags in this phone. Coming from several HTC dual stereo speakers, this Pixel XL single bottom firing speaker it's a real minus for the best Android phone available. A thousand dollars phone must have a proper set of stereo speakers. Like a said other than that this phone is a real winner, but the speaker bugs me every single day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos