Help me choose 32gb vs 128gb?!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Currently looking to upgrade from a SG5 to a Pixel XL and debating between 32gb and 128gb versions.
I know all pictures and videos are going to the cloud, so that takes frees up a good amount of storage.

On my SG5 currently :
17gb videos
6.9gb images
4.4gb downloaded apps (I moved everything I can to the card)
I have zero music, as I use Spotify/Soundcloud exclusively for music

Total used (without OS itself) : 28.4gb

15gb/16gb used on internal storage
24gb/32gb used on SD card

Total free space : 9gb

according to this article you start with 24gb

What do you recommend?
Thanks.

Edit : I don't play games either.

Definitely the 128. The pictures don't get moved to the cloud unless u do it manually. Then u can only view them when you have an internet connection.

I realized how much this sucked the other day. I went to see Tool and I recorded a few videos of the performance in 4k. It was prob 4gb worth for about 15 mins or so I think. So I upload them to the cloud and forget about it. Now when I want to watch them (the audio and video was surprisingly good) I have to use data. Sad face.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 128GB quite black pixel because I keep a lot of music and pictures locally.. I also keep phones for a very long time so I didn't want to worry about space, especially being the fact of a non SD card support! I have a M8 now and it's over 2 years old which I'm keeping as a back up!

Last edited:

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I plan on keeping my Pixel a long time. At 73 years old and almost retired I'm done upgrading. I owned four different Note phones in 5 years!
So I went with 128. I have over 100 applications on my phone now, and who knows what all I'll be adding along the way. If you can afford the price increase b/t 32 & 128 go for it.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got back from the Verizon store returning my 32GB XL and ordering the 128GB XL. Expected ship is Jan but maybe it'll come early.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm