Blurry/fuzzy photos and videos?

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I realize I am in the minority here, but has anyone gotten blurry and fuzzy photos and videos? A few weeks ago when the moon was doing it's thing I wanted to adjust the shutter speed to get better night photos. You can't do that with the stock camera app, so I downloaded Manual Camera (I think) and got the pics I was needing. I only used it that one time, and have been using the stock camera since. This past weekend all of my photos and videos are just slightly out of focus, and the autofocus doesn't seem like it can compensate at all. Dumb question....but could the other app's settings be wreaking havoc with the stock camera?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Each app is running as its own instance and is not connected to the other. Have you cleaned the glass covering the camera? If it still persists, you should clear the data on both apps (probably should uninstall the manual app) and test again. You might have a hardware issue if it persists.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
My daylight photos are ok, but videos in any light do this weird kind of ripple blur, in the middle--start out ok, blur, then ok again. Very annoying. I tried it with and without a case. the lens is wiped off,etc. Only happens on longer videos I realize. The ones that are a few seconds are ok. No idea what the story is.

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. I was actually using an official Google case when this was happening, and have since changed to a cheap Amazon case. So far, so good. My situation was nothing as horrific as the video though lol.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
9/10 times it's a non-optimal case, a giant greasy fingerprint on the camera lens or autofocus module, or something else covering the autofocus module.

Note that the Pixel has two autofocus methods, one is actual phase detection pixels on the sensor itself, and the other is a laser AF module mounted next to the camera. The three little holes on the back, the two closest to the camera lens are the laser & receiver (the third is a microphone).

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I realize I am in the minority here, but has anyone gotten blurry and fuzzy photos and videos? A few weeks ago when the moon was doing it's thing I wanted to adjust the shutter speed to get better night photos. You can't do that with the stock camera app, so I downloaded Manual Camera (I think) and got the pics I was needing. I only used it that one time, and have been using the stock camera since. This past weekend all of my photos and videos are just slightly out of focus, and the autofocus doesn't seem like it can compensate at all. Dumb question....but could the other app's settings be wreaking havoc with the stock camera?

Nearly every photo has a little blur that I've taken. I've found the soft button to be a little better than the volume button. But overall I'm hoping there's a patch to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith