Loading and watching my own VR videos on Daydream with Pixel XL

ttb5575

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I have moved from Galaxy Note 5 where VR Gear was super easy to use. We made some videos with Samsungs 360 camera and want to watch them on my new pixel. I saved the files to my Pixel but when I get into the VR mode I can't find any way to access them and watch?

Anyone know how to load and watch videos on the PIXEL XL and Daydream?

Thanks

mwest316

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Turn off NFC in settings and then you can watch those as well as all of the Google cardboard apps from the play store without activating Daydream when putting the camera in the VR headset . I don't think the remote works though

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have moved from Galaxy Note 5 where VR Gear was super easy to use. We made some videos with Samsungs 360 camera and want to watch them on my new pixel. I saved the files to my Pixel but when I get into the VR mode I can't find any way to access them and watch?

Anyone know how to load and watch videos on the PIXEL XL and Daydream?

Thanks

There is an option to access Google photos while in daydream vr. Would that work?

joems

May 29, 2010
Visit site
An App called Fulldive now supports Daydream and the remote. It shows up as an app when you launch daydream. It is not perfect, but watching your own movies is really nice with it.

ttb5575

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Oddly, no - and when I got to Google Photos on the app, it only has a handful of my pictures so it's not pulling from my main photo folder. Thanks for the option though!

ttb5575

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. Okay. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Turn off NFC in settings and then you can watch those as well as all of the Google cardboard apps from the play store without activating Daydream when putting the camera in the VR headset . I don't think the remote works though

Kathy Shaw

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
You will need a download a Google DayDream compatible VR video player such as VRTV Player which enables you to play various different VR videos including 2D movie and Side by side (SBS), Over and Under (OU, Top and Bottom) 3D movie, Panoramic video 180 (Dome), 220, 270 and 360 degrees on Google DayDream with its compatible Android smartphones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz