Pixel XL display help

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've had my XL for a day now and I just noticed that when I'm on a call the screen doesn't shut off... I have a case on but it is the same with the case off... Is this a defect? Is there a setting to change?

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The case has a built in screen protector but even when I took it off it did the same thing... There is a cutout on the protector for the proximity sensor

Jamesroderick

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
A brisk twofold tap of the power catch dispatches the camera at Galaxy S7 speeds, yet it's the point at which you hit the shade catch that the Pixel overwhelms the opposition - there's simply no challenge here, and it's surprisingly predictable in such manner. Smartburst adds to the Pixel's as of now stellar camera speed certifications: simply hold down the shade catch and the camera will fast shoot catch a huge amount of photographs to ensure you get the absolute best. ( bestessaywritingservice.co )

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=imoblife.androidsensorbox&token=mi2yOxJx
Swipe past the notification box when you first open it, and then tap on Proximity Sensor. (there are numerous other apps if you prefer to try another instead).

The sensor is the black oblong shape centered below the Pixel's earpiece. Place a finger or other object above the sensor and, when you get just about 1 inch away it should trigger. Move your finger away from the sensor and, at about 2 inches, it should untrigger.

Does it work the same for you?

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi I installed that app and it did work, thank you... I think the problem might have been that it was cold and so both my skin and the phone were too cold to read the proximity... Once I was inside everything worked again