iPhone 7plus vs Android phone for work. Which should I buy?

ViktorOTitov

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Dear friends!
I am using iPhone 7 plus.
But I want to make my work more productive. That is why I am here. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work. Is it really so?
Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.
Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 7 Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too. Bank apps work great, I mean Apple Pay and etc., social networks work great (FB, VK, Viber, WhatsApp, BBM). MS Office works great.
So the question is, whether Dtek60, Pixel XL, OnePlus 3T will satisfy all my needs?
What are pros and cons of these two devices?
Price of the device is not the main factor for me.
Thank You!

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak to those devices, but I can tell you that in Android you will find some excellent file managers (I'm currently using Solid Explorer).
With email it depends on what your server is on speed. Gmail acts and many others can lush notices and you'll know as soon as the mail comes in. Some have to poll but you can adjust the times.
I'm using Inbox on my Gmail accts (including the Google Apps based domain of my own ) and it works great with the pinning and reminder/sleep of messages.

ViktorOTitov

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Can't speak to those devices, but I can tell you that in Android you will find some excellent file managers (I'm currently using Solid Explorer).
With email it depends on what your server is on speed. Gmail acts and many others can lush notices and you'll know as soon as the mail comes in. Some have to poll but you can adjust the times.
I'm using Inbox on my Gmail accts (including the Google Apps based domain of my own ) and it works great with the pinning and reminder/sleep of messages.

Thank You! Are You using Pixel XL? How is it?

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
No, I've got a moto Z force with the moto mods... It works great... When I got it they didn't have the pixl in Stock to compare it to...

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the 128GB Quite Black Pixel. I absolutely love it. I had the iPhone 7 Plus before it. I have zero regrets and never see myself going back to Apple. The Pixel is the best phone I have ever used.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have read a lot of good things on the DTEK60 believe it or not. I was a former Blackberry user for many years until I got my Pixel. Reason I have moved away from Blackberry is because it was not offered on my carrier. Had that not been the case I may have still been using it. I chose the Pixel as my replacement. Other then the connectivity issues with 4G lite I am experiencing (Hopefully will be resolved in tomorrows update) I love everything else about this phone.

Blackberry did get some outstanding reviews and I will say email and productivity on a BB is second to none but if you are into great quality pictures the BB is not on the same level as the iPhone or Pixel is.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends!
But I want to make my work more productive. That is why I am here. I have red a lot about Android, that it is much better than iOS for work. Is it really so?
Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.
Pros: I love the screen of my IPhone 7 Plus. iTunes is fantastic, I have a lot of music in my playlist, so I am listening it in the car, when driving from home to work. Camera (I always photo documents) is great. Recorder is great too. Bank apps work great, I mean Apple Pay and etc., social networks work great (FB, VK, Viber, WhatsApp, BBM). MS Office works great.
So the question is, whether Dtek60, Pixel XL, OnePlus 3T will satisfy all my needs?
Thank You!

I like the way the blackberry groups all of your notifications in that hub all together. However when you get a LOT of notifications like you do it would probably be cumbersome. Plus u can install that blackberry hub on any Android phone. I imagine if you use Gmail the pixel xl would handle Gmail the best out of all of them. It is the most fluid of them all. I would go with a s7 edge or a pixel xl if I were you. The s7 keeps the water resistance but it is not as snappy as the xl and the battery in my experience isn't as good.

I think that for the most polish, especially since you're coming from the iPhone you would be the happiest with the pixel. I had a 7 plus before my pixel xl and I LOVE My pixel xl. You can't go wrong just good luck getting one before the new year lol.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends!
Thank You!

That Gmail sync with iPhone is annoying. In the end if you like the iPhone hardware best you could download inbox or Gmail and that would help with the sync issues but then you wouldn't be able attach things still. That's eventually what made me return my 7 plus. The workflow as far as email goes just seems better on Android phones.

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone issued by work and own an Android for personal use. My suggestion is if you already own an iPhone, continue to use it. I wouldn't spend the extra money to purchase a new phone. As far as work, you'd be better off using your phone to just read emails. Any responses more than two lines would should be done on your laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2