A few questions with regards to dark theme and auto stitching panorama

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I just bought my Pixel not so long ago after switching from windows phone. I'm still trying to get used to the phone but I have some questions.

1. I noticed the panorama does not do auto stitching like the lumia 950 or iPhones. I wonder it is something I didn't set up, or if I would need to find an app to do so. If an app is required, is there a recommended app for auto stitching panorama?

2. I was looking for dark theme settings in the phone (dark menu backgrounds), and after googling, it seems that the night mode once offered that function but it was taken off. Please correct me if I am wrong. I kind of miss the dark theme on windows phones as it seems easier on my eyes. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on any non rooted solutions, or is there any rumor on the dark theme coming in the future?

So far I'm enjoying the pixel, and it made a lot of things possible when compared to my windows phone. There are certainly many things I need to get used to, but I'm quite positive that I'm switching to Android for good. :)

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Settings > Display > Night Light. This tints the screen to an Amber instead of bright white. I'm actually using it as we speak and it is softer on the eyes. Gives you an option for sunset to sunrise or you can make a custom schedule. That's all I have. Hope this helps.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, they've removed the dark theme since the 7.0 developer previews. Apparently, it's a lot of work to change white into black. I heard it'll be double the work to have both. If that was the case they should have just kept the dark theme.

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies.

Yes, I am aware of the night light function and I enjoy it quite well! It is a lot easier on my eyes when late at night.

As for the dark theme, I hope they will bring it back some day! (I mean, as little as Microsoft put their emphasis on smartphones, WM still has that function. Well, or maybe it came from NOKIA's effort lol)

Any suggestions on the auto stitching panorama? I do hopw they have the function scheduled! WM phones did not get the function only after a considerably long wait, but I think it works better than having to stitch photo one by one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL