Will they take an HTC Thunderbolt for the $200 trade in?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on Verizon but I'm always of the mentality that 1) Nothing is free and 2) If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
Perhaps a pessimistic point of view but, remember, companies are all about money and I don't think it likely that a device as old as the Thunderbolt (my first smartphone ever) will guarantee a trade in for $200. You might wanna try the following link to see what your device is worth according to Verizon https://www.verizon.com/device-recycle/?custType=1
It will ask your for the IMEI number of the phone so have that ready.
Perhaps someone else can provide a more definitive answer. In any case you can contact Verizon directly...

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Are referring to the $200 gift card for switching to Verizon? If so the phone only has to be valued at $1 or more in their system. A Thunderbolt might not make the cut as I just did this with my wife's Nexus 5 and it was only valued at $8. As mentioned above, the provided link will tell you how much Verizon values your phone.

James4

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
They would only give $20 for my Droid Maxx, so I just kept it. I doubt they give more than $10 for a Thunderbolt as it's a much older phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They would only give $20 for my Droid Maxx, so I just kept it. I doubt they give more than $10 for a Thunderbolt as it's a much older phone.
It only needs to be worth $1. VZW guy was no help. He said to bring in the phone. I would have to unroot and install stock rom. I don't want to go through the trouble if I can't get the $200 toward Pixel or V20 (I forger which one had the offer).

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a $20 Trac phone and turned it in for the $200 promotion. So yes, if it's worth at least a $1 you'll receive $200. Rooting and any other nonsense doesn't matter

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a $20 Trac phone and turned it in for the $200 promotion. So yes, if it's worth at least a $1 you'll receive $200. Rooting and any other nonsense doesn't matter
For V20 or Pixel? I was hoping there was a data base available to tell me if Thunderbolt is worth a dollar. I know og droid is not and Tbolt is only a year newer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs