Would you get rid of S7 edge for a pixel xl?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone siwtch to a pixel from S7 edge?

I wouldn't switch but I think it's highly a personal preference thing and what you're looking for in a phone

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Considering the V20 as well but the camera shattering is happening to a lot of people plus the camera is sub par. With Google has splash resistance and good camera with AMOLED screen and not having to deal with Samsung and the carriers.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I am also deciding between the Pixel, S7 Edge, and V20. I think it's undeniable that the S7 Edge has the superior hardware I just really would prefer the Pixel software experience now and down the line. I like the V20 as well - if it were a bit smaller I'd want one badly.

That being said I may just end up getting an S7 Edge since they are on sale at VZW with a 2 year contract. I know I should buy my phones outright etc. etc., but I'm going to stay with VZW so I figure it's worth it. Also, since apparently root is achievable on the S7 Edge I might just be able to handle the software side of things.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I thought about it but due to the lack of Samsung Pay and SD slot I decided against it. I realize the Google Pixel does come with a 128GB capacity but I still see the lack of an SD slot a negative. It is a good phone though, I have a few friends who have one and really like them, I just prefer Samsung.

babadudu

May 9, 2011
Visit site

i thought about it for 5 min. lack of sd card is okay due to 128gb on pixel but that phone is crazybexpensive right now. lack of water resistence and hardware key stopped me.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site

I had one...actually two and the camera had problems in both phones...plus you couldn't customize anything.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Pixel shipping cost and times

I was wondering does the Pixel have expedited and free shipping like most of the carriers do like second day or overnight, or do you have to pay extra for that? Google has free shipping but says only for lowest cost.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel shipping cost and times

They're currently offering free shipping with generally a 5-7 day delivery window (though since they usually ship from a distribution hub in your general region, you normally get it a bit earlier - I've gotten one delivery in 3 days, one in 4). Two levels of expedited shipping are available, at about $14 and $18, respectively, though I'm not sure if those are 2-day and overnight or a bit slower.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

They're currently offering free shipping with generally a 5-7 day delivery window (though since they usually ship from a distribution hub in your general region, you normally get it a bit earlier - I've gotten one delivery in 3 days, one in 4). Two levels of expedited shipping are available, at about $14 and $18, respectively, though I'm not sure if those are 2-day and overnight or a bit slower.

Do they charge sales tax too?Just wondering because for 128gb XL at $869 and throwing in tax and shipping that is Note 7 territory price and this phone is no Note 7!

I might see if BH is selling it since it's free shipping and no tax.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Do they charge sales tax too?Just wondering because for 128gb XL at $869 and throwing in tax and shipping that is Note 7 territory price and this phone is no Note 7!

I might see if BH is selling it since it's free shipping and no tax.

They are required to collect whatever your state sales tax indicates. If BH sells it without sales tax, technically you would be legally obligated in most (if not all) states to report and pay it yourself under what is called a "Use Tax."

Comparing it to a Note 7 might have had some validity were it still available, but as its not... it's priced identically to its analagous models in the iPhone line, and is in line with the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge, and while it hasn't enjoyed the long-term favor that those have earned, its broadly acknowledged as fitting very well in their class for the price (though some people will prefer one over the other for the specific and distinctive features offered).

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Switched my wife from S6. She's had every one, starting at S3. Every upgrade had been based on the phone slowing down, becoming very janky, and requiring standard android resets. I switched her to the pixel with the hope I don't have to maintain her phone anymore :) feature and app bloat that she didn't use caused her to charge at least twice but usually 3 times a day! I had to leave chargers strategically placed for her everywhere.

I'm hoping for the best. So far she loves it and glad I switched her. Oh yeah... She's only charging at night now too!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I don't think the V20 camera is awful and I would have considered getting that phone but LG, for some reason have decided not to carry it in the UK. Go figure.

So, I wait for Samsungs 8th generation. Having said that it looks like they are following apple in ditching the h/phone jack!

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

So, I wait for Samsungs 8th generation. Having said that it looks like they are following apple in ditching the h/phone jack!
I hope not. That was a stupid decision by Apple and has driven many of their customers to Android devices. And it would likely keep me from moving to an 8 series from my S7E. Yeah, I'm sure there would be some kind of USB C headphone product, but that means you can't charge it and listen at the same time, which I often do.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Both are great phones. It basically comes down to user preferences. Both phones has pros and cons.
Pixel Pros
Great design performance and camera.
fastest software updates
Buttery smooth user experience
Fingerprint scanner on the back

S7 Edge
Great design performance and camera
wireless charging....
SD card....
IP68 waterproofing
Fingerprint scanner on the front

I have had both phones and they are both great!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Just wondering if anyone has gone to the Pixel XL from the edge? Is it more bland than the Edge with no always on?
I actually downsized and went to the regular pixel from the s7 edge and so happy I did it. I'm getting better battery life of the pixel than I did on the s7 edge so I presume that would be the same for the XL giving it's quad HD display over the 1080p regular pixel.

I had the XL and returned it for the regular size, just because I didn't want a big phone anymore and realized that the battery life was still amazing on the pixel. The display is awesome, and it's even better on the XL. May not be as good as the s7 edge side by side but you can't tell a difference just looking at the XL, it's beautiful! The software experience is insane, the smoothness and speed is quite impressive. Now we can talk like iOS fanboys and say "it just works" because it really does. I don't manage my battery, ever even have to figure out what's "eating away" at my battery like I constantly did on my edge. I miss Samsung pay, but to me I don't miss it enough to switch back.

I say go for it and get the pixel XL! Google is now extending their return policy if you order it directly from them. So you get more than 14 days, I believe 30 if I am correct to see if you really like the phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I actually downsized and went to the regular pixel from the s7 edge and so happy I did it. I'm getting better battery life of the pixel than I did on the s7 edge so I presume that would be the same for the XL giving it's quad HD display over the 1080p regular pixel.

I had the XL and returned it for the regular size, just because I didn't want a big phone anymore and realized that the battery life was still amazing on the pixel. The display is awesome, and it's even better on the XL. May not be as good as the s7 edge side by side but you can't tell a difference just looking at the XL, it's beautiful! The software experience is insane, the smoothness and speed is quite impressive. Now we can talk like iOS fanboys and say "it just works" because it really does. I don't manage my battery, ever even have to figure out what's "eating away" at my battery like I constantly did on my edge. I miss Samsung pay, but to me I don't miss it enough to switch back.

I say go for it and get the pixel XL! Google is now extending their return policy if you order it directly from them. So you get more than 14 days, I believe 30 if I am correct to see if you really like the phone.

Do you think the pixel is better than the V20?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo