The Pixel is a nice looking phone but I prefer the Priv

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy store today. looks like the stores are getting major makeup and now google has huge section with pixel phones.
anyways I want to say that pixel screen is not much better than on a year old priv, android 7.0 looks like rip off bb10 and pixel itself is very nice looking phone but it is total rip off of iPhone. I envy camera on pixel because blackberry priv camera is just ok. I love priv keyboard though long live physical keyboard !

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To each their own. I personally wouldn't use a Priv even if it was given to me for free :p. Android 7 seems fine -- iPhone thing has been beaten to death since I can only even remotely agree on design because once you turn it on the difference is instant, and yes the camera is pretty awesome :).

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
To each their own. I personally wouldn't use a Priv even if it was given to me for free :p. Android 7 seems fine -- iPhone thing has been beaten to death since I can only even remotely agree on design because once you turn it on the difference is instant, and yes the camera is pretty awesome :).
it really looks like iPhone. I am sure it is faster than priv but the screen seems to be just marginally better. try to type notes over 4 days at a seminar like I did on physical keyboard with virtual keyboard. lol. good luck. pixel is way overpriced. if I wanted iPhone I would get one. why would I want to have pixel which is iPhone wannabe

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
it really looks like iPhone. I am sure it is faster than priv but the screen seems to be just marginally better. try to type notes over 4 days at a seminar like I did on physical keyboard with virtual keyboard. lol. good luck. pixel is way overpriced. if I wanted iPhone I would get one. why would I want to have pixel which is iPhone wannabe

The physical design is the same material IIRC but that is it. Fingerprint on back, glass on back, -- these are different. It definitely is similar but when I click it on and see Android then there we go -- no iPhone :D.

I don't believe it is overpriced but you're welcome to your opinion. I don't go with iPhone since I don't like how locked down iOS is. As for notes .. I could do that on a virtual but why? I would have a tablet or something for a 4 day thing :).

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
What is the point of this thread? I mean seriously. The awesome thing is you are entitled to your opinion and which device you like, do not like, etc. But to come on to the Pixel portion of the forum just to make a negative post? What you see as overpriced others may see as a good price for the device.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The physical design is the same material IIRC but that is it. Fingerprint on back, glass on back, -- these are different. It definitely is similar but when I click it on and see Android then there we go -- no iPhone :D.

I don't believe it is overpriced but you're welcome to your opinion. I don't go with iPhone since I don't like how locked down iOS is. As for notes .. I could do that on a virtual but why? I would have a tablet or something for a 4 day thing :).
of course you could type on your phone for 4 days I am just saying it would be much more difficult

I do not say it is iPhone. I am saying it looks like iPhone. it is more locked in without SD card. just like iPhone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What is the point of this thread? I mean seriously. The awesome thing is you are entitled to your opinion and which device you like, do not like, etc. But to come on to the Pixel portion of the forum just to make a negative post? What you see as overpriced others may see as a good price for the device.

I didn't take it as a negative, I saw it as a "hey, this phone is pretty nice, but I like what I have".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
of course you could type on your phone for 4 days I am just saying it would be much more difficult

I do not say it is iPhone. I am saying it looks like iPhone. it is more locked in without SD card. just like iPhone

It is locked in like an iPhone due to simply not having an SD card? That instantly makes them alike in terms of OS and functionality? Yeah I can see we definitely differ on what "locked down" means. I am talking about actual functions of apps and how the OS handles things.

It is fine to like what you like but I think discounting a phone due to a similar appearance is a bit rough to say "I would get an iPhone then". Really? On just it looking similar? At least the phone itself is still Android at the end of the day which is the OS I prefer. You're using a Blackberry Priv -- Why not use an actual Blackberry (running their OS) instead of BB running Android?

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Priv but switched over to a Google Pixel. The front facing camera on the Priv isn't great but the back camera is amazing. The physical keyboard was an extra plus but I've only used it 3-4 times since I got the phone. Loved loved loved how the Priv had the microSD card that we could use to store anything on such as music, documents, and pictures.

But the main reason why I switched phones was because Verizon was taking damn to long to update the Priv even if it was just monthly security updates.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I hear the iPhone clone remark a lot regarding the pixel. Seeing as there is only so many ways a slab can be configured it's a certainty that some are going to look similar. IMO that similarity some see is the dumbest reason to not get it. Again, it's with the status symbol thing. Someone at a distance might think I have an iPhone? It's a phone for crying out loud.
I didn't care for the Priv , but did own some BB's from yesteryear. To each their own as has been said.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It is locked in like an iPhone due to simply not having an SD card? That instantly makes them alike in terms of OS and functionality? Yeah I can see we definitely differ on what "locked down" means. I am talking about actual functions of apps and how the OS handles things.

It is fine to like what you like but I think discounting a phone due to a similar appearance is a bit rough to say "I would get an iPhone then". Really? On just it looking similar? At least the phone itself is still Android at the end of the day which is the OS I prefer. You're using a Blackberry Priv -- Why not use an actual Blackberry (running their OS) instead of BB running Android?

He's a former (might still have one in a drawer, some of us do) BB10 user - they aren't used to changing the launcher, because it's not possible with that OS. All they can do appearance-wise is move the icons around, but it's the same grid and the same apps icons. One of my favorite things about Android is something I used to enjoy from the legacy BBOS days: change your interface, change your experience. Sadly those that came on board BlackBerry after the 99xx series never got to enjoy that, but now that BlackBerry is moving users to Android they'll figure it out soon enough. I get that the white Pixel is close enough in design to be mistaken for an iPhone if one doesn't look closely at that glaringly empty bottom bezel, but if I had one there would be absolutely no mistaking what OS it's running once the home screen lights up. :yes:

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
He's a former (might still have one in a drawer, some of us do) BB10 user - they aren't used to changing the launcher, because it's not possible with that OS. All they can do appearance-wise is move the icons around, but it's the same grid and the same apps icons. One of my favorite things about Android is something I used to enjoy from the legacy BBOS days: change your interface, change your experience. Sadly those that came on board BlackBerry after the 99xx series never got to enjoy that, but now that BlackBerry is moving users to Android they'll figure it out soon enough. I get that the white Pixel is close enough in design to be mistaken for an iPhone if one doesn't look closely at that glaringly empty bottom bezel, but if I had one there would be absolutely no mistaking what OS it's running once the home screen lights up. :yes:
I am just saying that android 7.0 resembles bb10 how user access app drawer

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Why do these kind of threads exist? It literally serves no point...the original poster is stating this upon a visit to Best Buy. Why not spend a good amount of time with the Pixel before forming what seems like a very superficial opinion?

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Why do these kind of threads exist? It literally serves no point...the original poster is stating this upon a visit to Best Buy. Why not spend a good amount of time with the Pixel before forming what seems like a very superficial opinion?

Are you suggesting common sense be applied to posting? - oh no - say it ain't so - :eek:

citystars41

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Priv owner here that just upgraded to the pixel.

I have to say I'm pretty excited with this phone. I do miss the physical keyboard.

When I saw the pixel coming out I put the two phones side by side and it wasn't enough to push me to the pixel. Weeks went by and I was in best buy and messed around with the pixel and fell in love.

It's just speedier and slicker. Not sure battery is any better but the one thing I love with the pixel and loved with the priv is getting updates as they come out. The pixel is going to be better with that in the long run.

Overall I haven't looked back and that's a bold statement considering this is my first smartphone outside BlackBerry.

Failure2Comply

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy store today. looks like the stores are getting major makeup and now google has huge section with pixel phones.
anyways I want to say that pixel screen is not much better than on a year old priv, android 7.0 looks like rip off bb10 and pixel itself is very nice looking phone but it is total rip off of iPhone. I envy camera on pixel because blackberry priv camera is just ok. I love priv keyboard though long live physical keyboard !

Do you even own a Pixel, or you just trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie