Connectivity issues stopped for 2 days

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Now they're back and it's really annoying. I don't know if I can keep this phone. I need my mobile data to work. 😕

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I work 36 miles from my house. I turn my data on and off and restart my phone at both locations. It is the phone, not the service.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The same one everyone has complained about, the mobile data doesn't stay connected even though it shows it is connected.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are talking about LTE coming and going, in my experience mobile data does not stay connected unless the device is calling for mobile data. It's a power-saving/network resources saving thing.

I don't approve (because I think it is unnecessary) but have you tried forcing mobile data to always on? It's in Developer Options. If you don't know how, go to Settings - > About and then rapidly tap on "About phone" until it says You are now a developer. Then go back to Settings -> Developer options.

Screenshot_20161212-124610.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are talking about LTE coming and going, in my experience mobile data does not stay connected unless the device is calling for mobile data. It's a power-saving/network resources saving thing.

I don't approve (because I think it is unnecessary) but have you tried forcing mobile data to always on? It's in Developer Options. If you don't know how, go to Settings - > About and then rapidly tap on "About phone" until it says You are now a developer. Then go back to Settings -> Developer options.

This is not how it works. LTE stays connected via the background unless you're using something like WiFi calling. These people are talking about LTE dropping when just strictly on LTE. LTE shouldn't go away / come back when off WiFi like how you described.