'Ok Google' doesn't make a sound anymore?

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks like something happened w/ OK GOOGLE, It doesn't work when phone in pocket , doesn't do the voice anymore when it detected 'ok google command etc..

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Volume is on.. Everything else works fine.. Before when ok Google activated it played a song, now it doesn't.. So if I am not watching phone I can't tell if it detected or not

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"It appears that the issue arises when the user has disabled all accessibility services under Settings –> Accessibility. In order to restore auditory feedback for voice recognition, all you need to do is enable any accessibility service that you have listed in the menu."

only thing is... i didn't disable any accessibilty services.
i bought the pixel new and set it up as a new device (not importing any settings from a backup), and this settings is turned off by default.

so to say it is because the user has disabled settings is false, this setting is disabled "out the box".

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
"It appears that the issue arises when the user has disabled all accessibility services under Settings –> Accessibility. In order to restore auditory feedback for voice recognition, all you need to do is enable any accessibility service that you have listed in the menu."

i bought the pixel new and set it up as a new device (not importing any settings from a backup), and this settings is turned off by default.

so to say it is because the user has disabled settings is false, this setting is disabled "out the box".

+1 this.. enable switch has some consequences. it enable some buttons on ur camera app.
so its better to enable any accessibility service that u use instead of switch

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Just tried this, and only enabling Switch Access gives me auditory feedback. None of the other settings did so. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, this adds buttons to the camera that are really annoying.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
yes but the point i was making was that this setting is turned off by default.
so clearly this setting is not meant to be enabled unless there is a specific reason, and audio on OK Google is not that specific reason.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Enabling Switch also turned off my volume up/down buttons after a subsequent Google app release.

I am back to not having an Ok Google beep.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Enabling Switch also turned off my volume up/down buttons after a subsequent Google app release.

I am back to not having an Ok Google beep.
My phone developed volume control issues as well. Returning Switch Access to its default OFF setting solved the problem for me too. I'd rather lose the beep than have volume problems.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. No audible sound when the "OK google" command is activated. I've never messed with any accessibility settings. Strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid