Bluetooth randomly shuts off

dannydandan

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? Once in a while the phone simply shuts off bluetooth and I have to switch it back on.
It catches me by surprise though, like I'm in the car driving thinking I'm paired when all of a sudden a call comes in only to find out bluetooth is off again.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen anything like this happening. An I am using BT all the time as I have Gear S3 connected to the XL and also MS Band2 at the moment.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? Once in a while the phone simply shuts off bluetooth and I have to switch it back on.
It catches me by surprise though, like I'm in the car driving thinking I'm paired when all of a sudden a call comes in only to find out bluetooth is off again.
It happened to me once today with my Bose Soundbar 300. It hasn't happen since then.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My Bluetooth is on 24x7 - I use Bluetooth earbuds in the gym 5 mornings a week and Bluetooth connect in my car. I have never seen Bluetooth turn off other than the rare occasion when I purposefully do so myself.

Have you ever installed a battery management app?

Go to Settings -> Battery -> Battery Saver; is it disabled?

James Watson7

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my LG V10 I have made sure my battery saver for bluetooth is off but it is been doing the same thing to me and don't know why any help

MikeEv

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Same thing just started on my Note4. BT turns off while playing audio book, mid-call or when not actively connected to a device.

bgriffler

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Somewhat new issue for me but yes. I'm seeing it happen too. No battery saver active. Wasn't sure if it's my pocket...? Using a Huawei Smartwatch.

Gregory Netland

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes, this is absolutely happening to me.
Random mornings throughout the week I get in my car and expect my phone to be paired and bluetooth is off.

1) I dont have any battery optimizations and dont let my phone get down < 5%
2) I never turn off bluetooth by hand (so I am not forgetting to turn it back on)
3) I have rebooted and recently factory reset.
4) Pixel XL, Latest Nougat.

baffled.

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have tasker and thinking of it as a solution to turn bluetooth on if state comes off. But I'm a complete newbie to this. Maybe someone already did this and would be willing to share his profile.

Do you think it would be an idea by the time Google fixes that problem? ... if it happens...

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Same here. Pebble Time through it's app. Sometimes it's connected through app with BT showing off.
This is with Nexus 6, Pixel coming today. ;-)

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just want to chime in that this is happening to me as well. Quasi-randomly...battery is close to full (and no battery saver anyway), no launcher, nougat 7.1.1.

Several times over the last couple weeks, got into my car and later I'm trying to voice dial and nuttin'. Look at my phone and much to my chagrin, it's not paired because BT is off on my phone somehow. This is an unfortunate as I thought my wife was trying to gaslight me, but now I realize it wasn't her fault.

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
So far this has solved my wa tch continuously disconnecting from my pixel

Setting - battery - battery optimisation - Bluetooth share - set to not optimised

bonnie100th

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue for the last 2 weeks, after the February update, every morning I have to manually turn on Bluetooth, is a small issue but nevertheless annoying!

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Pixel XL last week and have already noticed this on a regular basis. The blue tooth toggle switch is in the on position but will grey out and not connect to anything.

wickedinkman4420

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem with my LG V10 I have made sure my battery saver for bluetooth is off but it is been doing the same thing to me and don't know why any help

My Alcatel 7 cuts off about 2 minutes after turning Bluetooth on. And it sounds almost like a CD skipping right before it cuts off. Then a few seconds later it turns back on. This is perpetual.i fear a virus, my internet and phone have slowed down a lot. Factory reset it still same problems